Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 73 to 84 of 298

Thread: Namm 2019!!!

  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    You can probably special order them. It would take 3-5 months to get them and there might be a little bit of an upcharge.

    I went with the matte black finish because it's easy to get the fully finished Pearl marching bass hoops to match that finish. It would also be easy to get hoops to match the matte natural finish.

    MM
    Thanks, I would have to pick Absinthe Sparkle!

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronHeadSlim View Post
    Thanks, I would have to pick Absinthe Sparkle!
    Yes, it's a beautiful color. I would have gone with one of the sparkles too if the hoops were finished all the way around.

    I've never understood why lacquer finished hoops aren't completely covered with the finish. Maybe it's just keep a certain detail of the finish distinguished from the higher end drums.

    MM
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    Yes, it's a beautiful color. I would have gone with one of the sparkles too if the hoops were finished all the way around.

    I've never understood why lacquer finished hoops aren't completely covered with the finish. Maybe it's just keep a certain detail of the finish distinguished from the higher end drums.

    MM
    Yeah, I think it is to get you to go up a level or so. I love the color, thought I would get tired of it but it always makes me smile. Very different in daylight vs incandescent. I really am considering custom ordering fully finished hoops to match. Time doesn’t matter as the stock hoops work fine. I will let y’all know what I find out about price.

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronHeadSlim View Post
    Yeah, I think it is to get you to go up a level or so. I love the color, thought I would get tired of it but it always makes me smile. Very different in daylight vs incandescent. I really am considering custom ordering fully finished hoops to match. Time doesn’t matter as the stock hoops work fine. I will let y’all know what I find out about price.
    IronHead,

    I'd highly recommend that you order the custom hoops. Now is a good time to do it. Whenever I put in special orders with Pearl in early January, they seem to arrive a little faster. I bet you'd have them by April. Before you know it, the wait will be over.

    If you love that finish the custom hoops would really make it unique.

    MM
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    IronHead,

    I'd highly recommend that you order the custom hoops. Now is a good time to do it. Whenever I put in special orders with Pearl in early January, they seem to arrive a little faster. I bet you'd have them by April. Before you know it, the wait will be over.

    If you love that finish the custom hoops would really make it unique.

    MM
    😎😎

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    I'm fairly sure we could do it but I'm sure the cost will be Masters MRV pricing for the hoops and a special order 4-6 months delivery. Please inquire through your favorite authorized Pearl dealer.
    I will check it out, thanks!

  7. th droids yerlookn4

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Just ordered the 8" stack yesterday!
    oh , dang,
    tell me your impressions of them when you get them

  8. th droids yerlookn4

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    5,625

  9. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,900

    Default

    They sound high-pitched, and crisp, with very little decay... very simple. I think the Sabian Signature Max Stax are more trashy and complex... just my opinion.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  10. J-Con

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,504

    Default

    Holy cow! Shipping was faster than expected, got the stack today. It is short and high pitched. It's perfect. I have a 10" Zildjian Dry splash over a 10" Trashformer that is a little dirtier but the two stacks sound awesome together! I will definitely be picking up some more of these.

    On a side note, the Cymbolt that came with it is very cool! I'll be ordering some of their low-profile, non-locking holders to create some other stacks with.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North AL
    Posts
    262

    Default

    These sound really cool, Cymbolt great idea.
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Vermillion Sparkle
    8X8 10X9 12X9 16X16 22X18
    PAISTE Signatures / Aquarian heads / ProMark sticks


  12. th droids yerlookn4

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    They sound high-pitched, and crisp, with very little decay... very simple. I think the Sabian Signature Max Stax are more trashy and complex... just my opinion.
    i see potential
    like , who says i have to stack them on themselves? imagine a 10 inch top over a 10 or 12 china trash cymbal ...hmmmm

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •