Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Namm 2019!!!

1. Registered User

I really can't understand why some drummers are so bothered by what logo is put on a cymbal. It's the sound that matters, not the lettering or color or anything else. I'll keep buying Sabian no matter what. The rebrand and mission statement mean nothing when I'm buying cymbals.

2. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
    I really can't understand why some drummers are so bothered by what logo is put on a cymbal. It's the sound that matters, not the lettering or color or anything else. I'll keep buying Sabian no matter what. The rebrand and mission statement mean nothing when I'm buying cymbals.
    Dude- calm down. We're just geeking out here. It's what we do- especially around NAMM time.

You must be a blast at parties.
    Way Too Much Crap

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Dude- calm down. We're just geeking out here. It's what we do- especially around NAMM time.

You must be a blast at parties.
    Why would I have to calm down? I not worked up about anything. It seems that the others are doing that. Your last comment is your typical lame attempt at being funny at the expense of others. We are all entitled to our opinions, at least I think we are.

4. Registered User

It means something to me.
    Whatever I choose to buy is a representation of who I am.
    This only appeals to the C00p3rs and washed up hacks trying to stay relevant.
    Have you interacted with their social media?
    This whole thing is stupid.

5. There really is a Kalamazoo!

Actually, I want to talk more about the logo because it is so extremely horrifying, I can't believe it.

Can we get any confirmation that it is limited to AAX and lower lines? If so, still horrifying, but less so.

That logo is poorly executed and already looks outdated.
    I own or have owned drums and cymbals made by every major manufacturer. My go-to kit is a DW Collectors series set.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by wsgnst View Post
    Actually, I want to talk more about the logo because it is so extremely horrifying, I can't believe it.

Can we get any confirmation that it is limited to AAX and lower lines? If so, still horrifying, but less so.

That logo is poorly executed and already looks outdated.
    I always thought that the Sabian logo on the Paragon series was done right! No black ink to take away from the beauty of the cymbal. Not sure if Neil had any input on that but I thought that it was well done.

7. Registered User

Why wouldn't most people want to gig regularly with a fuzzy, pink, brown, and red polka dotted drum kit with a big ol' b-hole graphic on the bass drum head?........ Because it looks stupid. There's your answer.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    I always thought that the Sabian logo on the Paragon series was done right! No black ink to take away from the beauty of the cymbal. Not sure if Neil had any input on that but I thought that it was well done.
    Yea if you check the history on that you will see he had a major impact on that. Very cool story on it all.
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Vermillion Sparkle
    22X18 8X8 10X9 12X9 16X16
    PAISTE Signatures / Aquarian heads / ProMark sticks

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post
    Why wouldn't most people want to gig regularly with a fuzzy, pink, brown, and red polka dotted drum kit with a big ol' b-hole graphic on the bass drum head?........ Because it looks stupid. There's your answer.
    These are cymbals, not drums. Some drum finishes are absolutely horrible. It seems like drum manufacturers have run out of colors and finishes and are really putting our some gaudy stuff. A new logo on a cymbal doesn't bother me at all.

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    I also like the Paragons subtle aproach, but they aren't very good for advertising, because you can't see the name from any distance.

11. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Paiste ripoff.

Attachment 512539
    Zldjian also made crotales too didn't they? From what I remember only Paiste and Zildjian made crotales, but I don't know who came first.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    Zldjian also made crotales too didn't they? From what I remember only Paiste and Zildjian made crotales, but I don't know who came first.
    From 2012.