Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Namm 2019!!!

1. Drumming Since 1943

There is nothing really that can be done with drums or drum hardware. What's done has been done.
    Way Too Much Crap

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    There is nothing really that can be done with drums or drum hardware. What's done has been done.
    I'm afraid have the same feeling, But I hope to NOT. The last years the drums market is becoming some kind of boredom and many brands copying each other about the same things.
    WANTED ::: Tom Mapex ProM 8" Blue Ice ::: WANTED

3. It's all about me...

Quote Originally Posted by neilrush View Post
    I'm afraid have the same feeling, But I hope to NOT. The last years the drums market is becoming some kind of boredom and many brands copying each other about the same things.
    I just look at it as an opportunity to focus on the craft/musicianship instead of the "stuff". It's not just the drum industry that's stagnant....I didn't see any real major changes in any corner - guitar, bass, keys, lighting, recording - nothing really game changing. Pearls rack bits are evolutionary to the system, and that I appreciate personally. As the industry moves towards more synthetic everything, it just motivates me (again personally) to create, write, and record in more traditional methods.

Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by wsgnst View Post
    It's hard to reinvent the wheel every year!
    You're totally right! I work in the Bicycles industries and it's the complete opposite of drums industries... WAY too fast with new things every 6 months... I barely exaggerate...

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    You're totally right! I work in the Bicycles industries and it's the complete opposite of drums industries... WAY too fast with new things every 6 months... I barely exaggerate...
    Gravel bike, groad bike, new bottom brackets standard, new rear drop out standard, your bars aren't flared, no they are flared too much.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bostic View Post
    Gravel bike, groad bike, new bottom brackets standard, new rear drop out standard, your bars aren't flared, no they are flared too much.
    Hahahaha Fat bike, E-bikes.... It's sad because your brand new 10 000$ 2019 bike will be obsolete in 2020...

Industries (in general) need to relax more...

7. Registered User

Bought a trek stache two years ago, now I want a full suspension bike.

Talk about price though!

8. Playing since 1976

Last year, I bought a Schwinn Rocket 1. It's a really nice mountain bike for a novice like me. I just like riding around the neighborhood, and to the gym. The bike is SO much nicer than my former Trek. My favorite "new" feature that I was pleasantly surprised about is the front shock control on the handlebar... that is awesome. I can open it up to let the shock work, or lock it out with the flick of a lever, without interrupting the ride. Some advancements are really cool.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Last year, I bought a Schwinn Rocket 1. It's a really nice mountain bike for a novice like me. I just like riding around the neighborhood, and to the gym. The bike is SO much nicer than my former Trek. My favorite "new" feature that I was pleasantly surprised about is the front shock control on the handlebar... that is awesome. I can open it up to let the shock work, or lock it out with the flick of a lever, without interrupting the ride. Some advancements are really cool.
    Um... that feature was on my Cannondale f-600 that I bought in 2003.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. a.k.a. YtseJam

I have a Giant hardtail from 2004 and still ride it with no desire to upgrade whatsoever.

11. Registered User

Keen road cyclist here, with custom made Rourke Reynolds 953, Wyndy Milla Massive Attack and a Condor Italia Pro with Reynolds 531 Professional tubing from 1988. The classics made with craftsmanship never go out of style.
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgit View Post
    Keen road cyclist here, with custom made Rourke Reynolds 953, Wyndy Milla Massive Attack and a Condor Italia Pro with Reynolds 531 Professional tubing from 1988. The classics made with craftsmanship never go out of style.

Whoa. This just got serious.