Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Viola! With the rocket toms in position and with the mini china as well. Sadly, i noticed i crack on the inside of the 12" tom yesterday
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pearl BCX in Lava Bubinga | Pics
    22x18 (2), 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5" Pearl Kapur snare drum

Pearl VBA in Dynamite Burst e-kit | Pics
    22x18, 10x7, 12x8, 14x12, 16x14, 14x5.5 matching snare

2. Registered User

It turned out it wasn't a crack, but just a grain that got a blemish over time and had me fooled. Took some new pics today. Used a longer tom arm to get the 6x15" rocket tom more closer. Have it in the spot i want it now. Also a new addition; 20" Paiste 2002 Novo China. Man, this thing is loud! Cuts through like a hot knife through butter. It's a keeper
    Attached Images Attached Images    

3. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by iCe View Post
    Viola! With the rocket toms in position and with the mini china as well. Sadly, i noticed i crack on the inside of the 12" tom yesterday
    I like where you put the rocket toms; looks like you have room for one more
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

4. Drumming Since 1943

It turned out it wasn't a crack, but just a grain that got a blemish over time and had me fooled. Took some new pics today. Used a longer tom arm to get the 6x15" rocket tom more closer. Have it in the spot i want it now. Also a new addition; 20" Paiste 2002 Novo China. Man, this thing is loud! Cuts through like a hot knife through butter. It's a keeper
    You couldn’t move the RT’s a couple of inches to the right to make them closer to your hats?
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Registered User

Ice, awesome kit and set up! I placed my set up as if I close my eyes, I can play the kit blind folded and hit the center of every drum!

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I like where you put the rocket toms; looks like you have room for one more

I might get the 6x18" someday to finish my Peart/Portnoy fanboy ambitions
    But for now the two of them work like a charm and are a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Ice, awesome kit and set up! I placed my set up as if I close my eyes, I can play the kit blind folded and hit the center of every drum!
    Thanks! With the added rack bar i can set up this kit more the way i want. Found that with just 3 sides on the DR-80 it was kind of a hassle to mount the toms where i want them and it always bugged me that the bass drum was dead center and could not angle it... anyway, fixed now

7. Looks That Kill

Two recent pics. Made them with my new cellphone and the quality is way better then the previous camera. I forgot to take pics yesterday sadly. I've added the 10" Oriental China Trash again and used the 'new' mounting system for the rocket toms, but the 6x15 is still too far away. I will order a Pearl TH-88 so i will have enough length of the tube (that's what she said) to get that one in close. The 6x12 is close enough with the shorter tom arm.
    wow, that finish really pops
    DW Collectors Birch Satin Oil Natural
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Black
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black

8. Registered User

Great looking kit! The set up looks like it has that "natural flow" to it as well. Looks very comfortable.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CUZNRED View Post
    wow, that finish really pops
    Pics don't do justice, but i was glad Pearl made this 'Todd Sucherman alike finish' available haha

Quote Originally Posted by TamaThumper92 View Post
    Great looking kit! The set up looks like it has that "natural flow" to it as well. Looks very comfortable.
    I was looking back to a pic of my old Export kit which was setup more to 'please the eye'. Over the years my setup has become more of a natural evolution (Weckl™ r) and more ergonomic. I'm also ogling at Neil Peart's setup with the offset toms over the hats etc, perhaps someday when i get the 13" tom hehe.

But probably this setup is going to be retired soon. The rehearsal space we rent is going to be demolished soon to make place for some new office buildings. The owner of the space has a new location, but we need to pay for storage there (which we don't have to do now) and there isn't a lot of storage if i need to share to 'closet storage' with the guitar player's amps. Which means reverting back to double pedal on one bassdrum and probable ditching the 8" tom from this setup and back to old faithful; 2 up, 2 down. And 2 rocket toms ofcourse hehe. Or we don't do that and I use the Yamaha Stage Custom which they have in each rehearsal room... choices...

10. The Dark Sentencer

So this happened today
    I use this kit now with my prog rock/metal project Quivermore. Used my VBA before for that, but i felt the time was right to switch them around (and convert the VBA to an e-kit) so i could use my second bass drum. Today i spent some time setting it up, expanding the rack and tuning it. It plays and sounds like a dream! I need to replace the single pedals though; they feel really sluggish compared the the Iron Cobra twin pedal I've been using for years, so i'm going to order a two IC single pedals to replace the Pearl pedals i used today.

Obligatory specs section

Pearl BCX in Lava Bubinga
    Two 22x18" Bass drums - Evans Coated EMAD (thick ring) with pillow and ported stock head
    8x7" Tom - Evans Clear G2 over Clear G1
    10x8" Tom - Evans Clear G2 over Clear G1
    12x9" Tom - Evans Clear G2 over Clear G1
    14x14" Floor Tom - Evans Clear G2 over Clear G1
    16x16" Floor Tom - Evans Clear G2 over Clear G1
    Pearl Vision VBA 14x5.5" snare drum in Dynamite Burst - Evans PCRD over Hazy 300
    6x12" Rocket Tom
    6x15" Rocket Tom

Zildjian Cymbals
    From left to right
    16" Oriental China Trash
    14" A New Beat Hi-Hat
    18" K Custom Dark Crash
    8" A Fast Splash
    10" A Fast Splash
    21" A Sweet Ride
    19" K Dark Thin Crash
    13" A New Beat Hi-Hat
    18" A China Low

Hardware
    Assorted; mostly Pearl. Tama IC Hi-Hat stand and Sonor X-Hat

So i just thought I'll leave a couple of pics here for you
    Interesting position for your stick bag. That doesn't get in the way of your . playing?
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

11. Registered User

Man your kit keeps looking better and better... I love your mini China's sitting right in front... My cymbals do not match my kit at all lol.. Rocking a 7 piece Gretsch Catalina with black and bronze Meinl Dark Classic Customs... Lol if Gretsch wasnt so good at wrapping their drums I'd paint it. But I like my satin finish and when playing gigs people don't expect to see a Gretsch Catalina on stage for a nu-metal band lol..

12. Registered User

Very nice!!
    Pearl Reference Drums - Paiste - Evans - Vater

22x20x2 18x16 16x16 12x9 10x8 14x6