Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 20 of 20
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,856

    Default

    Viola! With the rocket toms in position and with the mini china as well. Sadly, i noticed i crack on the inside of the 12" tom yesterday
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pearl BCX in Lava Bubinga | Pics
    22x18 (2), 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5" Pearl Kapur snare drum

    Pearl VBA in Dynamite Burst e-kit | Pics
    22x18, 10x7, 12x8, 14x12, 16x14, 14x5.5 matching snare

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,856

    Default

    It turned out it wasn't a crack, but just a grain that got a blemish over time and had me fooled. Took some new pics today. Used a longer tom arm to get the 6x15" rocket tom more closer. Have it in the spot i want it now. Also a new addition; 20" Paiste 2002 Novo China. Man, this thing is loud! Cuts through like a hot knife through butter. It's a keeper
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Pearl BCX in Lava Bubinga | Pics
    22x18 (2), 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5" Pearl Kapur snare drum

    Pearl VBA in Dynamite Burst e-kit | Pics
    22x18, 10x7, 12x8, 14x12, 16x14, 14x5.5 matching snare

  3. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iCe View Post
    Viola! With the rocket toms in position and with the mini china as well. Sadly, i noticed i crack on the inside of the 12" tom yesterday
    I like where you put the rocket toms; looks like you have room for one more
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  4. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iCe View Post
    It turned out it wasn't a crack, but just a grain that got a blemish over time and had me fooled. Took some new pics today. Used a longer tom arm to get the 6x15" rocket tom more closer. Have it in the spot i want it now. Also a new addition; 20" Paiste 2002 Novo China. Man, this thing is loud! Cuts through like a hot knife through butter. It's a keeper
    You couldn’t move the RT’s a couple of inches to the right to make them closer to your hats?
    Way Too Much Crap

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Havelock, North Carolina
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Ice, awesome kit and set up! I placed my set up as if I close my eyes, I can play the kit blind folded and hit the center of every drum!

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I like where you put the rocket toms; looks like you have room for one more
    .

    I might get the 6x18" someday to finish my Peart/Portnoy fanboy ambitions
    But for now the two of them work like a charm and are a lot of fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Ice, awesome kit and set up! I placed my set up as if I close my eyes, I can play the kit blind folded and hit the center of every drum!
    Thanks! With the added rack bar i can set up this kit more the way i want. Found that with just 3 sides on the DR-80 it was kind of a hassle to mount the toms where i want them and it always bugged me that the bass drum was dead center and could not angle it... anyway, fixed now
    Pearl BCX in Lava Bubinga | Pics
    22x18 (2), 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5" Pearl Kapur snare drum

    Pearl VBA in Dynamite Burst e-kit | Pics
    22x18, 10x7, 12x8, 14x12, 16x14, 14x5.5 matching snare

  7. Looks That Kill

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    4,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iCe View Post
    Two recent pics. Made them with my new cellphone and the quality is way better then the previous camera. I forgot to take pics yesterday sadly. I've added the 10" Oriental China Trash again and used the 'new' mounting system for the rocket toms, but the 6x15 is still too far away. I will order a Pearl TH-88 so i will have enough length of the tube (that's what she said) to get that one in close. The 6x12 is close enough with the shorter tom arm.
    wow, that finish really pops
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Bombay Sparkle
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Natural
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Black
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Great looking kit! The set up looks like it has that "natural flow" to it as well. Looks very comfortable.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •