Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    I got into FNM a bit later - around the time KFAD was released actually. Really pleased I got to see them in Hyde Park, London, summer '14
    I saw them on the Album of the Year tour. Their last for a while. Unreal show. Patton is a genius.
    Way Too Much Crap

2. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I saw them on the Album of the Year tour. Their last for a while. Unreal show. Patton is a genius.
    Agreed. I'd add slightly cuckoo, but agreed nonetheless

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

3. Drumming Since 1943

Agreed. I'd add slightly cuckoo, but agreed nonetheless
    Oh, he’s 100% nuts. But most geniuses are.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. The Hardware Guy

Also agree

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

5. Registered User

i saw them on the Angel Dust tour opening for Metallica and GnR. Metallica was great... FNM blew 'em off the stage.

I saw Patton a few years later in a club playing with Dave Lombardo on a Fantomas gig. Unreal performance.

6. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I got into FNM a bit later - around the time KFAD was released actually. Really pleased I got to see them in Hyde Park, London, summer '14
    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I saw them at the Trocedaro in Philadelphia, a 1200 capacity old burlesque theater that my grandmother went to in the late ‘30’s/early 40’s, on the Real Thing tour. 25+ years later, I still rank it as one of the best, if not the best concert I’ve ever been to.

Then to top it off, my friend worked for WEA records and we got to have a Philadelphia cheesesteak with Mike Bordin afterwards. What an amazing night that was for an impressionable kid.
    Last edited by dale w miller; 12-21-2018 at 09:39 AM.

7. Registered User

In case you didn't see it: https://youtu.be/q_iNK0mBKrQ

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Then to top it off, my friend worked for WEA records and we got to have a Philadelphia cheesesteak with him afterwards. What an amazing night that was for an impressionable kid.
    That's a surreal story Dale. I never think about Patton doing anything as mundane as eating.

9. bangin since '95

I use a set of inexpensive Audio Technica drum mics that I bought for gigs, and a Harbinger 14 channel USB mixer that I got to submix drums for shows, and use my GoPro. I don't really care about having insane quality since it's just something I do for fun. I play in 3 different bands, so I don't really have time to seriously dedicate to a YouTube channel anyway. But making covers is super fun and it helps you tighten your playing, and not only that you can use it as a resume as well. In this one there's several mistakes and a slight rush towards the "big" part in the end, but I made the mistake of using the first take I did. Oh well. Please forgive me for the cheesy stock footage too, it seemed like a cool idea at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI2D2m37A-s
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga in Satin Aztec Gold Metallic -Sabian Cymbals-Pro-Mark Sticks-Remo Drumheads

10. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Cox View Post
    In case you didn't see it: https://youtu.be/q_iNK0mBKrQ
    That's funny!
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

| TAMA STARCLASSIC MAPLE | SABIAN & MEINL CYMBALS |

Former Pearl Customer

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    That's a surreal story Dale. I never think about Patton doing anything as mundane as eating.
    I’m sorry, I realized I didn’t type out that it was Mike Bordin, not Patton.

12. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I’m sorry, I realized I didn’t type out that it was Mike Bordin, not Patton.
    Patton would have started interviewing Regis on his opinion on Nietzsche and non-Euclidean geometry. Then pooped on his chair. That's how Mike rolls.
    Way Too Much Crap