Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Natural Finish Army

Default looking for info

Hello all and Merry Christmas

I picked up this Mahogany snare off ebay, from Japan. And I'd like to find out what it's all about ? Sez it's a Limited Edition, is it just another run, or is it something special ?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. Pearl Masters Drummer

I thought that series was from 1997 Jeff. However, I have never seen the drum with mahogany rings. They are usually maple rings. Maybe in Japan the rings were mahogany. Good question and congratulations on the snare. Looks sweet!

3. Natural Finish Army

Hey Justin, how yeah doing. You guys ready for Christmas ........................

I picked this snare up early in the year, it came all the way from Tokyo . Really nice snare, but I think I'm going to list it on ebay. I just picked up a real nice Brass Sensitone with tube lugs ......... it's the $hit. I still have the Supra and a 14x6,5 MMX snare. I find those cover just about everything...............

Thanks for the info

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I have no idea, but I’m here to welcome you back. It’s been a while.

5. Registered User

Welcome back! That's a snazzy drum, I really do like that!

We swapped snare lugs a few years ago, I'm going to offload that MCX snare I think as well.
    Looks sharp with those black lugs!
    My Kits-

Reference 4pc Setup

Reference Kit-

My Homebuilt kit..

Want to trade my 22x18 Granite Sparkle Bass drum for 20x18 Granite Sparkle. Hit me up :D

6. Registered User

Congrats, that's a beauty of a snare. Not sure about it being anything special, but from what I can gather from my catalog collection I can say these things:

1.) It has the same badge as all the Mahogany Classic snares I can see

2.) The catalogs say that the kits have maple reinforcement rings, but the snares only say that they have reinforcement rings not the specific material. Maybe the snares had mahogany rings.

Feel free to look thru the catalogs I have, you can view them here: http://catweb.tgtel.com/ Maybe I missed something in them, especially the Japanese catalogs

It's a beauty no matter, I love that finish, and I am sure it sounds amazing!

7. Natural Finish Army

Thanks guys, it has been awhile. Just a crazy year, can't believe it's Christmas already ....................................

Thanks for the info. Did not think it was anything special, just caught me off guard with the Mahogany reinf. rings.

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by phips View Post
    Thanks guys, it has been awhile. Just a crazy year, can't believe it's Christmas already ....................................

Thanks for the info. Did not think it was anything special, just caught me off guard with the Mahogany reinf. rings.
    Yeah, when I saw that in the reply that sounded so wrong.....it may very well not be a special model, but the Mahogany Classics are definitely something special. I think those are some of the best sounding Masters series I have ever heard I would love to have the extra funds to track down a whole set of them personally.