Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Here's a screenshot of the kick in the videos.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I found plenty of 20" Renown kick drums with 8 lugs, but I can't find a 22" Renown kick drum with 8 lugs.
    Same here. When I mentioned that, he said it's because his is a "limited edition".
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

3. Registered User

Best as I can tell those aren't Gretsch claws on the kit he's selling. They also don't look like any PDP claws I can find, for that matter.

Edit: the Gretsch is older than I thought. Those would be the correct claws for an early '00s/late '90s Renown.
    Last edited by TheElectricCompany; 12-18-2018 at 11:36 AM.

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

4. Registered User

Does that finish have a name?

Edit: it's called yellow oyster. It was released in 2004 with turquoise oyster and only 100 kits were made in each finish. That's probably what he's confusing as a limited edition. I've not seen any evidence yet that these finishes were offered in 8-lug 22s. Every 22 I'm finding in this finish has 10 lugs and every 20 has 8 lugs
    Last edited by TheElectricCompany; 12-18-2018 at 12:58 PM.

5. Registered User

HOLD THE PHONE

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=52854

Apparently this is a 22 with 8 lugs in yellow oyster. The owner says it was split off of another kit.

6. Registered User

I know you're not interested in buying this kit, Jerry, but I'm having a ton of fun investigating this because I know nothing about Gretsch drums.

So sorry for taking over the thread!

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    I know you're not interested in buying this kit, Jerry, but I'm having a ton of fun investigating this because I know nothing about Gretsch drums.

So sorry for taking over the thread!
    I've been investigating too, hahaha. Just because, if this bass drum is a 22", AND a Renown, it is indeed very odd. That bass drum in the picture you posted looks like a 20" to me.

It's crazy how many people have no idea what sizes their drums are... Last week, I looked at a Yamaha RC that the seller had listed as 8x10, 8x12, 9x13, 13x15, 16x22, and no pics on the ad. When I got there, the actual sizes of the drums turned out to be 8x8, 10x12, 12x14, 14x16, and 16x22. Not one correct tom size.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post
    I've been investigating too, hahaha. Just because, if this bass drum is a 22", AND a Renown, it is indeed very odd. That bass drum in the picture you posted looks like a 20" to me.

It's crazy how many people have no idea what sizes their drums are... Last week, I looked at a Yamaha RC that the seller had listed as 8x10, 8x12, 9x13, 13x15, 16x22, and no pics on the ad. When I got there, the actual sizes of the drums turned out to be 8x8, 10x12, 12x14, 14x16, and 16x22. Not one correct tom size.
    I feel like the kick in that photo looks like a 20 as well. I just can't comprehend how someone wouldn't know the diameter of their drums. Depth is one thing, I've even made that mistake because I'd had my kit for so many years I just kind of forgot my floors were 14 inches deep, not 16, and I only had the one kit so visually I never compared them to something else. But man, the head size? Damn.

9. Registered User

I emailed the owner of the kit I posted. His email was on his Drummer World profile, so hopefully he still uses it and hopefully he gets back to me.

10. Registered User

I just heard back from the owner. He sold the kit a couple years ago and doesn't have the buyer's info. He sent me the email for the guy who first sold him the kit, though. I've emailed him.

I know it's super unlikely any of these drums is an 8-lug 20, but it'd be really neat to discover some anomaly like this. I mean. we're not talking 3-ply Ludwigs here, where you can't keep track of all the anomalies to come out of the Chicago factory. This is a Gretsch from the 21st century. How crazy would it be to find proof that a handful of drums in a run of 100 kits came out wrong?

11. Registered User

https://www.facebook.com/triggerthef...type=3&theater

while not clear from the pic you posted inside the kick looks like plain wood

Here is another picture sure looks like a 20" to me

https://www.facebook.com/triggerthef...type=3&theater
    Session prestige select 14x 12 tom Shell with badge Teal available

Diamond Burst MMX 4 Sale Black hardware 12,14,16,22 PM

12. Registered User

https://www.audiomasterclass.com/new...wn-maple-drums

You guys really dug in on this one find the real deal ,,
    Session prestige select 14x 12 tom Shell with badge Teal available

Diamond Burst MMX 4 Sale Black hardware 12,14,16,22 PM