Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    im trying , to figure out why youre all trying so hard , to get those pedals in the wrong spot ..lol (just kidding )

but yeah , if i had a remote ha,t it would be next my right pedal. this way i could build up ambidexterity also , using both hihats at once to me seems to be more fun
    I did try it - but whilst I was able to teach myself to lead with both my left and right hands, and taught myself to use bass drums with both feet, no matter how much I try I just cannot get to grips with using a hi hat with my right foot. Likewise I can't lead with my left foot on the bass drum either. Just can't do it.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    I did try it - but whilst I was able to teach myself to lead with both my left and right hands, and taught myself to use bass drums with both feet, no matter how much I try I just cannot get to grips with using a hi hat with my right foot. Likewise I can't lead with my left foot on the bass drum either. Just can't do it.
    I surprised myself how quickly I picked up left foot lead on the bass. Still wished I had of started drumming open handed. Much easier to learn from the start.

3. th droids yerlookn4

i agree sticks
    open handed just makes things a little more fun i switch sides all the time during playing , so i never really get too fatigued.
    my right legs still the more dominant one but playing left lead, is second nature now . my left side riding has really picked up as well .