Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    Pedals as they are now (left to right - Cobra clutch, main/left hi hat stand, remote/right hi hat, left bass drum), and the Yamaha HSAT-920
    Interesting. Now I see another six inches you have moved your main hat to the left to allow for the four up config. You are at least 9"s to the left of where my hat would be. This also puts your snare and hats further away from one another.

2. The Hardware Guy

This is with the four-tom (8, 10, 12, 13) set up. When I had the 10, 12, 13/14 set up, the remote pedal was on the other side of the static pedal. That's not six inches though, four at the most.

This (https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...9&d=1308683083) is with the three-tom set up, bass drum pedal is in the same place as the picture above.

The snare and hats further away from each other isn't too much of a problem when you play open handed as opposed to crossed over. Since I have hats on both sides, I lead with both my left and right hands depending on what side of the kit I'm on

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

3. Registered User

This is with the four-tom (8, 10, 12, 13) set up. When I had the 10, 12, 13/14 set up, the remote pedal was on the other side of the static pedal. That's not six inches though, four at the most.

This (https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...9&d=1308683083) is with the three-tom set up, bass drum pedal is in the same place as the picture above.

The snare and hats further away from each other isn't too much of a problem when you play open handed as opposed to crossed over. Since I have hats on both sides, I lead with both my left and right hands depending on what side of the kit I'm on
    Got a tape measure?

4. The Hardware Guy

Don't need one. There's no way the remote pedal (A) is 4" wide, which means even if the gap either side is 1", the total distance between the kick pedal and the static pedal (line B) is nowhere near 6"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”

5. Registered User

Don't need one. There's no way the remote pedal (A) is 4" wide, which means even if the gap either side is 1", the total distance between the kick pedal and the static pedal (line B) is nowhere near 6"
    You are measuring at the wrong end. You need to measure at the business end. This is starting to feel like the "working, not working, drummer kit conversation.

6. life start at 125bpm

Lololol!!!!
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    Lololol!!!!
    We can argue about anything. Its like talking to my brother.

8. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    You are measuring at the wrong end. You need to measure at the business end. This is starting to feel like the "working, not working, drummer kit conversation.
    I measure where my foot goes

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    We can argue about anything. Its like talking to my brother.
    Then there's the difference between you and I. I wasn't arguing about anything. I had a feeling you were going to continue to disagree with whatever I said though, so I'm happy to concede that you're right and I'm wrong. Not least because if you think that's 6 inches, you need all the self esteem you can get

PICSPICS 2

9. Purple Crazed

Nice work Thrush! That Yamaha HSAT-920 is slick. I wish they still made them.

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    14x5 | 6x7 | 8x7 | 8x8 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 18x16 | 20x14G | 18x14 | 20x16 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

10. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    Nice work Thrush! That Yamaha HSAT-920 is slick. I wish they still made them.
    When I picked up this remote hat I cobbled together a little clamp arrangement to hold the pedal stable, all the while thinking I knew I remembered something that was designed exactly for the job. Turns out it was this, from an old Yamaha catalogue I got as a kid. Then as luck would have it, I found one on ebay, new-old-stock in a tatty box, for a a bargain price. It's so simple, yet very elegant and low mass. Perfect.

PICSPICS 2

11. th droids yerlookn4

im trying , to figure out why youre all trying so hard , to get those pedals in the wrong spot ..lol (just kidding )

but yeah , if i had a remote ha,t it would be next my right pedal. this way i could build up ambidexterity also , using both hihats at once to me seems to be more fun

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    im trying , to figure out why youre all trying so hard , to get those pedals in the wrong spot ..lol (just kidding )

but yeah , if i had a remote ha,t it would be next my right pedal. this way i could build up ambidexterity also , using both hihats at once to me seems to be more fun
    You have a point. Plus it would give it a more balanced look.