Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Bell Brass

1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    The unfortunate part is that the diecast rim has a pretty tall lip so I'm probably not gonna be able to use an Aquarian, but I plan on trying out a thick single ply or a non-muffled two ply so I can add my own muffling and control as I want. I don't wanna kill the tone with too much muffling
    If you're really picky about a certain nuance of muffling, then it's probably better to use an ordinary head and something on the outside.

I like the convenience of using a pre-muffled head because I have a lot of snare drums and just want to worry about tuning them. I also don't care for the look of moongels, tape, or other external muffling.

MM
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

2. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    If you're really picky about a certain nuance of muffling, then it's probably better to use an ordinary head and something on the outside. I like the convenience of using a pre-muffled head because I have a lot of snare drums and just want to worry about tuning them. I also don't care for the look of moongels, tape, or other external muffling. MM
    I definitely get it, I play a wide range of venues from small/medium clubs to basements so having the option to drastically change my tone depending on the venue is so much easier on a plain head. Moongels hurt attack in my opinion so I usually use gaff tape but I've been considering trying a snareweight

3. Playing since 1976

I definitely get it, I play a wide range of venues from small/medium clubs to basements so having the option to drastically change my tone depending on the venue is so much easier on a plain head. Moongels hurt attack in my opinion so I usually use gaff tape but I've been considering trying a snareweight
    I read on this forum that a piece of paper, taped down, can be just the right amount of dampening, and is easy to remove.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

4. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I read on this forum that a piece of paper, taped down, can be just the right amount of dampening, and is easy to remove.
    Yep! Just some gaff tape and a post it note will do wonders, honestly.

5. Playing since 1976

Yep! Just some gaff tape and a post it note will do wonders, honestly.
    You can use this kind of Post-It note, and it will fit right in

Name:  md.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  126.1 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

6. Registered User

I'm totally digging the Snareweight M1.

Up = Papa Bear kaaaaang
    2 flaps folded in = Mama Bear kaaang
    Unfolded / full muffling = just right Baby Bear kang

7. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    I'm totally digging the Snareweight M1. Up = Papa Bear kaaaaang 2 flaps folded in = Mama Bear kaaang Unfolded / full muffling = just right Baby Bear kang
    Maybe once my wallet has some time to recover I'll pick one up, but I need to get a hardshell case first for this upcoming run we start on Wednesday. Which of the flaps are you using?

8. Registered User

Maybe once my wallet has some time to recover I'll pick one up, but I need to get a hardshell case first for this upcoming run we start on Wednesday. Which of the flaps are you using?
    Snareweight M1

It's the smaller $16 leather one, so it doesn't have the flap options like the big chunk 'o brass one.

9. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    Snareweight M1 It's the smaller $16 leather one, so it doesn't have the flap options like the big chunk 'o brass one. YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70mADxkq0bo
    Oh wow that's very interesting. Maybe I'll pick one up at Fork's before this run and see how I like it

10. Registered User

The Snareweight products look pretty nice.

At least they took asthetics into consideration (unlike the amateurish "Big Fat Snare" products).
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

11. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    The Snareweight products look pretty nice. At least they took asthetics into consideration (unlike the amateurish "Big Fat Snare" products).
    I have some friends with the original brass one and they like it because they tune low and since it weighs so much it still gives the head a slightly tighter surface so they can keep some of the rebound lost when they're tuning down

12. Anaesthetized.

Thought I'd chime in and link a thread I made back in the day with pics of my Mapex Solid Bronze here

Anyone else got one of these? Seems they were fairly rare. Would love a Sonor Artist Bronze but dont have 2k lying around unfortunately....