Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 193 to 199 of 199

Thread: Bell Brass

  1. life start at 125bpm

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canadrums,nesting up in the mountains
    Posts
    11,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drumboy_14 View Post
    Thought I'd chime in and link a thread I made back in the day with pics of my Mapex Solid Bronze here

    Anyone else got one of these? Seems they were fairly rare. Would love a Sonor Artist Bronze but dont have 2k lying around unfortunately....
    woaw. a 3mm bronze shell with 5mm reinforcement rings.....it simply looks amazing, nothing less. would snatch one right there if one was coming across my path.fairly old production drum i guess.

    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's



    WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drumboy_14 View Post
    Anyone else got one of these? Seems they were fairly rare. Would love a Sonor Artist Bronze but dont have 2k lying around unfortunately....
    That seems a bit overpriced. You can purchase a cast bell bronze shell, have someone drill it to your specifications, and then put your own hardware on for half that much.

    I've built several bell bronze snares of variuos sizes this past year (using Pearl hardware) and they all look and sound great. Here's a photo of the 10x5 and 12x5 bell bronze snares I did as auxiliary snares (inspired by a couple of prototypes that Pearl did for Todd Sucherman last year).

    Name:  Bell Bronze Effects 1.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  81.0 KB
    Last edited by MusicMan; 01-18-2019 at 07:40 AM.
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  3. Purple Crazed

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    woaw. a 3mm bronze shell with 5mm reinforcement rings.....it simply looks amazing, nothing less. would snatch one right there if one was coming across my path.fairly old production drum i guess.

    That is a nice looking snare!

    Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    14x5 | 6x7 | 8x7 | 8x8 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 18x16 | 20x14G | 18x14 | 20x16 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

  4. life start at 125bpm

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canadrums,nesting up in the mountains
    Posts
    11,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    That is a nice looking snare!
    i really think that mapex offers the nicest while affordable snare drums on the market......after pearl. i'm always on the watch for a sledgehammer. mapex's hammered brass snare drums can be found under the 500$ mark from time to time. definitely on my list.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's



    WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    i really think that mapex offers the nicest while affordable snare drums on the market......after pearl. i'm always on the watch for a sledgehammer. mapex's hammered brass snare drums can be found under the 500$ mark from time to time. definitely on my list.
    Pearl made some prototype Reference bell bronze snares for Todd Sucherman this past year. I thought maybe they would be released at NAMM 2019, but I guess not.

    MM
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  6. life start at 125bpm

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canadrums,nesting up in the mountains
    Posts
    11,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    Pearl made some prototype Reference bell bronze snares for Todd Sucherman this past year. I thought maybe they would be released at NAMM 2019, but I guess not.

    MM
    i'm suspecting that such prototypes will not show up because at the end, such drums are very expensive, a really slim market led by tama bell brass .i mean...you can get their new iteration for around the 2000-2500 mark. would seriously look at the reference brass units instead. virtually the same sonic qualities at half the price of a tama unit.

    was looking at the reference brass,which is THE brass snare drum of my dreams....pffft...well, they've reached the 1500$ bar recently.only 2 years ago it was possible to snatch one for a 1000...price is still climbing every year passing. i mentionned the sledgehammer, the mapex thick brass shells are still the best value of the whole brass snare drum market.can't see another brand selling a +3mm brass shell for the price asked for mapex units...sure, not at the height of the reference and tama bell brass.
    Last edited by rollracer; 01-26-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's



    WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    i'm suspecting that such prototypes will not show up because at the end, such drums are very expensive, a really slim market led by tama bell brass .i mean...you can get their new iteration for around the 2000-2500 mark. would seriously look at the reference brass units instead. virtually the same sonic qualities at half the price of a tama unit.
    I agree. That's why I spent this past year making my own collection of bell bronze snares (using Oriollo shells with Pearl hardware).

    The prototypes they made for Sucherman were 12x6 and 10x6 effects snares which would be even harder to sell at $550-700 each. My first thought when I saw them was that they probably wouldn't risk trying to market them.

    Sucherman gave the impression that they were "not released yet", but maybe he just meant they were custom made for him and not available to the public.

    MM
    Last edited by MusicMan; 01-26-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •