Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Someone there already examined the drum and said "... this is not a defect, we will send back the floor tom to you." (it wasn't the same guy I talked to about this last week)

After I sent back an email basically saying "Okay, so now... what was the point of me mailing the drum to you halfway across the continent if you're just going to repeat what you emailed me before you took a GOOD look at the photos? And now you've inspected it personally and still think this is "normal"? Did you contact Pearl? Who said this is normal?" ... I got a reply. The last thing I've heard from them now is that the drum has been inspected, tested, and "it works". They have sent the drum back to me. It's in a parcel centre somewhere in Central Europe as we speak. I specifically asked whether they had contacted or consulted Pearl and they didn't say.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I believe I mentioned Al in the other thread before the wheels came off.

If I may suggest it- if you have any issue at all with a Pearl product, PM Al instead of making a thread about it. Al is one of, if not the THE best people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. If it can be fixed, he will fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    not that he's higher in the tower than anyone else at pearl.it is that AL care about pdf'ers.and if he comes to the conclusion that there's obviously a defect, things are gonna get done. of course some people ruining your n thread.......: i'm not gonna name anyone,but we all know that some of them,if it had happened to them,they would have had the same reaction than you,and they would had asked for a replacement, which in such case like yours is a DUE.such seams showing such large gap where you could insert a guitar pick is unacceptable. try to reach AL percival as mentionned before,and get back to us to tell the ''story''.i'm sure pearl will fix this with elegance.

edit: send pearl ( AL ) CLEAR PICTURES of the defective seam. that is crucial for clinching the next steps on pearl side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgit View Post
    FWIW, I'd also suggest trying Al, it seems he's extremely helpful and whilst he probably won't deal with your European issue directly, he will know the right people and likely put you onto them. I'm in the UK and would have no idea on who to approach other than the retail outlet I originally purchased it from (the place I bought my kit from 20 years ago has long since closed down!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
    Yes, Al will help you out with your problem. It will be taken care of. He is a great guy and he helped me out with a problem on my kit when I posted about it and didn't even directly ask him! The best customer relations around.
    As for this angle... you guys encouraged me enough (especially after the nonsense from the dealer) that I did now send a message to Mr. Percival. You've spoken highly of him and indeed while he might not be in a position to order around people 5000 miles away, perhaps there is still something he can do, like Bodgit mentioned.

3. The Hardware Guy

Pearl Europe has never has as good service as Pearl USA. Pearl UK, when it was in Milton Keynes, England, many years ago, was a bit better but still not at USA level. Which really is a shame as it's the same company and the same product; you'd expect the same aftercare and level of customer service. A lot of the time, someone will report a problem or issue on the PDF and someone at Pearl HQ Nashville will read it, make a call/send an email and bam! Problem solved. But that generally doesn't translate across the atlantic sadly.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

4. life start at 125bpm

Pearl Europe has never has as good service
    this is a well known fact ; they acted awfully in many specific cases in
    the past ,and generally, they're getting rude with people filling claims,or asking for service. im can't count how many times their bad behavior has been reported in the past regarding post sale service ..
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

5. The Hardware Guy

It is a shame and a blight on Pearl's otherwise good name

PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”

6. Registered User

That is indeed a shame in itself, and surprising considering the size of the market area. But I'm not an economy/marketing/whatever person so I don't know.

However, I haven't spoken to anyone at Pearl myself. I sent the dealer yet another email asking specifically whether they've been in contact with Pearl (Pearl Europe). Let's see.

The previous service from the dealer has been superb, so I don't get why this is such an issue now. They write me, with a bit of a condescending tone, like I didn't understand their (sometimes poor) English [*] so I keep writing them little snippets in German, kindly hinting that yes actually I did understand and you can even reply to me in German if you like ;---)

[*] They are HUGE and have separate customer service departments that deal in even some very small and obscure languages across the continent. Not just the typical English, German and French, they've got many, many, more. The customer service people obviously speak very well, but sometimes the reply is from someone from another department (and not in German, but in poor English).
    Last edited by WhatIsIt; 11-11-2018 at 05:00 AM.

7. The Sensitone Guy

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsIt View Post
    That is indeed a shame in itself, and surprising considering the size of the market area. But I'm not an economy/marketing/whatever person so I don't know.

However, I haven't spoken to anyone at Pearl myself. I sent the dealer yet another email asking specifically whether they've been in contact with Pearl (Pearl Europe). Let's see.

The previous service from the dealer has been superb, so I don't get why this is such an issue now. They write me, with a bit of a condescending tone, like I didn't understand their (sometimes poor) English [*] so I keep writing them little snippets in German, kindly hinting that yes actually I did understand and you can even reply to me in German if you like ;---)

[*] They are HUGE and have separate customer service departments that deal in even some very small and obscure languages across the continent. Not just the typical English, German and French, they've got many, many, more. The customer service people obviously speak very well, but sometimes the reply is from someone from another department (and not in German, but in poor English).
    You're German?! Very cool. I was stationed in Schwaebisch Gmeund W. Germany from 1987 to 1990. Great place! Great people! I even brought one back with me!

8. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    You're German?! Very cool. I was stationed in Schwaebisch Gmeund W. Germany from 1987 to 1990. Great place! Great people! I even brought one back with me!
    You're only supposed to take photos and memories. Not the indigenous!

PICSPICS 2

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I believe I mentioned Al in the other thread before the wheels came off.

If I may suggest it- if you have any issue at all with a Pearl product, PM Al instead of making a thread about it. Al is one of, if not the THE best people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. If it can be fixed, he will fix it.
    I could not agree more with this. Al will see you right. I even had dealing with Gene back in the days when I had issued with the first batch of pearl Demon Drive Doubles.
    He went above and beyond for me!
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way"
    Buddy Rich

10. The Hardware Guy

^ In America, yes. But for us at the mercy of Pearl Europe, not so much. I know Al will do his best but Pearl USA's reach across the atlantic isn't very strong.

PICSPICS 2

11. Registered User

Couldn't post here for a while because of some kind of database problem on the forum or something.

Regardless of what happens (nothing yet, people at Pearl USA are busy with other stuff as I undestand it), I can say Al is indeed a great guy. If only because he's made an effort and tried. It's absurd if you think about it. He probably wouldn't need to care one bit about what happens somewhere in Europe -- and still, he does. He's the one doing something.

I've heard nothing from the dealer, who were supposed to get back to me, and trying to reach Pearl Europe myself is let's just say, hopeless.

BTW, to anyone who's found me irritable during this or been upset because of something, they're probably right and I'm sorry. I've been stressed because of other, non drum related stuff so that hasn't helped. I just don't get them (the dealer). I don't get the flip-flopping. It was supposed to be clear cut and sorted out, then it wasn't even the same guy anymore talking to me.

Oh and Andy, I'm not German - I speak okay German and have some distant relatives there but that's it. Though I agree about the place (I visited around Berlin) and the people, with maybe a bit of a pitfall. They're very nice and friendly... as long as it's in German ;--) I was traveling with a couple of friends none of whom spoke German and I enjoyed some of the comedic opportunities that presented :--) (What did you tell him??? -What do you mean? Nothing. I uuhh... asked what time it is.)

12. Registered User

peArL

The best reason to play drums
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare