Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Eeehhm... one more thing.

Since the previous thread was very unfortunately ruined, and closed before I had time...

This is about the Decade drum with a surface flaw I was wondering about, whether it would be covered by warranty, for anyone who might not know that.

I just wanted to say that no, no one from Pearl has contacted me regarding the issue
    and that
    I have reached a conclusion myself concerning what I'm going to do.

All the best.

2. Drumming Since 1943

Have you PM'd Al Percival?
    Way Too Much Crap

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Have you PM'd Al Percival?
    No. Would you suggest that? He's pretty high up, right?
    Last edited by WhatIsIt; 11-06-2018 at 01:40 AM.

4. Registered User

Oh, and I think I need to be very careful here not to start anything ... So let's say that's pretty much a rhetorical question.

I know the process now and obviously something's going to happen. Maybe I'll do nothing. Maybe I'll return the drum and get a replacement with a perfect seam and finish. Maybe I'll get a replacement where the gap in the seam is even bigger. Or maybe they won't replace it and I'll end up paying the shipping costs. Obviously if I end up worse than where I'm now, I'm going to think very carefully if I'd even consider buying anything from Pearl again.

Anyway, for me, I'm not going to waste any more time or effort with this. It'll go however it'll go.

5. Drumming Since 1943

I believe I mentioned Al in the other thread before the wheels came off.

If I may suggest it- if you have any issue at all with a Pearl product, PM Al instead of making a thread about it. Al is one of, if not the THE best people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. If it can be fixed, he will fix it.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsIt View Post
    No. Would you suggest that? He's pretty high up, right?
    not that he's higher in the tower than anyone else at pearl.it is that AL care about pdf'ers.and if he comes to the conclusion that there's obviously a defect, things are gonna get done. of course some people ruining your n thread.......: i'm not gonna name anyone,but we all know that some of them,if it had happened to them,they would have had the same reaction than you,and they would had asked for a replacement, which in such case like yours is a DUE.such seams showing such large gap where you could insert a guitar pick is unacceptable. try to reach AL percival as mentionned before,and get back to us to tell the ''story''.i'm sure pearl will fix this with elegance.

edit: send pearl ( AL ) CLEAR PICTURES of the defective seam. that is crucial for clinching the next steps on pearl side.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

7. Registered User

FWIW, I'd also suggest trying Al, it seems he's extremely helpful and whilst he probably won't deal with your European issue directly, he will know the right people and likely put you onto them. I'm in the UK and would have no idea on who to approach other than the retail outlet I originally purchased it from (the place I bought my kit from 20 years ago has long since closed down!)
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I believe I mentioned Al in the other thread before the wheels came off.

If I may suggest it- if you have any issue at all with a Pearl product, PM Al instead of making a thread about it. Al is one of, if not the THE best people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. If it can be fixed, he will fix it.
    Yes, Al will help you out with your problem. It will be taken care of. He is a great guy and he helped me out with a problem on my kit when I posted about it and didn't even directly ask him! The best customer relations around.

9. The Sensitone Guy

Sounds like the OP has already decided what he's gonna do, so my response is for everybody else. Here's my advice to all parties:

Pearl: Unhappy customers are never a good thing, even if they're a bit unreasonable. I'd have sent him a new floor tom - no charge.

OP: Should have contacted Pearl or his dealer before opening up a thread. Lay off the purse-slinging with other members. You asked for advice. They said some things that were blunt and a bit hurtful. You asked for it. Get over it.
    Last edited by Andy H; 11-06-2018 at 06:42 AM.

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post

OP: Should have contacted Pearl or his dealer before opening up a thread. Lay off the purse-slinging with other members. You asked for advice. They said some things that were blunt and a bit hurtful. You asked for it. Get over it.
    Pretty sure he's over it, since he didn't even mention any of the stuff from the other thread. Remarks/attitudes like that are one reason (in my opinion) that people get their feathers ruffled around here. There's no reason to come at him with that stuff when he's clearly moved past it.
    Selling Rocket Shells custom carbon fiber drums - 10x8, 12x9, 14x10, 16x14, 22x18

11. The Sensitone Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post
    Pretty sure he's over it, since he didn't even mention any of the stuff from the other thread. Remarks/attitudes like that are one reason (in my opinion) that people get their feathers ruffled around here. There's no reason to come at him with that stuff when he's clearly moved past it.
    I get it. But when you ask for feedback, be prepared for feedback.

12. The Hardware Guy

Al is a wonderful fella; one of the most friendly and helpful guys you could wish to meet, and a real credit to Pearl; when he retires, this forum is gonna descend into chaos I fear. However, there really should be a super-helpful and as-friendly warranty guy on here - poor Al does all the brunt work, yet he works in internal sales! Talk about above and beyond duty!

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest