Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
  1. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Looking for a side-gig, Dale?
    Looking for an excuse to do something different. I’m burnt on playing with people who are not my friends, commutes to Brooklyn for rehearsals, cold weather, and especially the aquatics industry. Don’t get me wrong, I love living at the beach, my aikido dojo, the excitement of opening my own location, my family’s happiness here, and being around the band I love even if it’s just a reunion for a week’s worth of gigs a year, but sometimes I feel change is needed.

Honestly, if there is a change, it would have to be a complete change. Working in the drum industry on the other side of things is not where I’m at and having the flexibility to do what I want, when I want, is not something I want to give up. Basically, I’m going to have to wait until 2025, buy a home in the south somewhere, and my wife and I will then become snowbirds.

2. The Hardware Guy

I wanna go I wanna go I wanna go. Damn you, Atlantic ocean....

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

3. Registered User

Update.

After I was PROMISED a replacement, 2 months ago... I lost contact with Pearl Europe. No progress.

(And to say it straight to everyone who got on my *** the last time I did "this", I don't give a rats *** what anyone thinks of me for posting this information on here. Why do some people think keeping these problems secret would be a better alternative?)

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsIt View Post
    Update.

After I was PROMISED a replacement, 2 months ago... I lost contact with Pearl Europe. No progress.

(And to say it straight to everyone who got on my *** the last time I did "this", I don't give a rats *** what anyone thinks of me for posting this information on here. Why do some people think keeping these problems secret would be a better alternative?)
    Uh, you ok buddy?
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Registered User

JY: What do you mean?

6. life start at 125bpm

don't get upset,be patient and don't worry AT ALL...you gonna get your replacement because AL !!! your replacement is on the way. give it time to cross the pond.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

7. Chomp, Chomp

Update.

I don’t understand. What do you mean by you lost contact with Pearl Europe? Did they give you a delivery date? Didn’t you get the contact information of the person that promised the replacement?
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

8. Registered User

quicksticks: Eventually (after contacting Al etc.), back in late november a Pearl Europe representative called me, and had also sent me an email with his contact info. On the phone, we discussed the matter and he said that "of course we will replace the drum". He suggested to arrange the replacement through the same dealer, which I agreed to. He also asked me to email him more photos, specifically to show a comparison to the 16" tom (where the seam is flawlessly finished), which I did.

After that I've tried calling back a couple of times, left a message on his answering machine and sent emails, asking about what's going on. No response as of today.

9. Pearl Corporation USA

Update.

I was under the impression PME was taking care of this and replace your Floor tom with the seam issue. Please have your authorized Pearl dealer contact PME (Pearl Europe). I do not know who they talked to, but Thomas Franke (PME-Pearl Europe) knows about this.

It could be that they have ordered the replacement drums and they're not here yet, but I'd still have your dealer contact Pearl Europe and confirm.

10. Registered User

Al: Thanks for your reply again. In fact I did indeed talk specifically with Thomas Franke back in november. The dealer is not involved in this exact exchange (the situation itself is simple, but complicated to explain). I'm basically waiting on either PME or the dealer to get back to me about the details of the replacement.

11. Chomp, Chomp

quicksticks: Eventually (after contacting Al etc.), back in late november a Pearl Europe representative called me, and had also sent me an email with his contact info. On the phone, we discussed the matter and he said that "of course we will replace the drum". He suggested to arrange the replacement through the same dealer, which I agreed to. He also asked me to email him more photos, specifically to show a comparison to the 16" tom (where the seam is flawlessly finished), which I did.

After that I've tried calling back a couple of times, left a message on his answering machine and sent emails, asking about what's going on. No response as of today.
    Thanks for explaining. Not responding to calls and emails is unsatisfactory. This just makes what was an already bad situation even worse. It takes seconds to respond to an email and give you an update. Hopefully Al is correct and the drum is en route. Good luck.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

12. Pearl Corporation USA

Al: Thanks for your reply again. In fact I did indeed talk specifically with Thomas Franke back in november. The dealer is not involved in this exact exchange (the situation itself is simple, but complicated to explain). I'm basically waiting on either PME or the dealer to get back to me about the details of the replacement.
    Keep me posted and I'll put the irons to the fire.