Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How I Roadshow.

1. I spell bad.

Default How I Roadshow.

My little Roadshow gets the job done very nicelyI I honestly can't say enough nice things about this line of drums from Pearl. I have put Evan's 56 heads all around except an Aquarian Super Kick II on the kick drum. Removed black wrap and went with an upgrade on hardware. Pies are Sabian XSR Monarch Hats, Sabian AAX Memphis Ride and a 16" Dream Bliss Crash. Also have a Ludwig 14x7 "Brick" snare. Living proof you don't have to spend crazy bank to look and sound good! Thanks for checking it out!

Nous sommes du soleil...
    We love when we play...

2. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

sweet.... time to get wood hoops for that kick

Are you using a kick riser? Would you recommend one? Are you able to get a "rock ish" kick sound out of it?

I'm really hoping that I can get a little roadshow jazz kit soon (so long as my house quits breaking lol) I'm planning one for blues and classic rock kind of stuff on smaller stages

3. I spell bad.

Yup I use a little Mapex riser. Also I use a Vater Vintage Bomber kick beater because if I use a solid beater on the kick it actually is rather thunderous! If anything while playing things like Zepp, Yes, Chili Peppers, Kiss ext.. ext.. its the little 10 inch that gives me some troubles but its nothing I don't figure out when I need to.
    Nous sommes du soleil...
    We love when we play...

4. Registered User

awesome. I haven't ever owned a 10" double headed tom, but I never had issues using my little salvaged 10" concert tom on my suitcase kit. I think I'll be able to figure that part out lol. It's just the 18" kick that has me worried... slightly. nothing that probably can't be overcome.

Thanks!

5. ...A mind like Water...

Love that setup, ULTRA classy. I bet they do the job just fine.

How easy was it to remove the wrap from those guys?
    SELLING: Pearl Session Custom Maple (SMX) Marine Blue Fade - Near mint - 10x8, 12x9, 16x16, 22x18 - PM me for details!

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Whale View Post
    My little Roadshow gets the job done very nicelyI I honestly can't say enough nice things about this line of drums from Pearl. I have put Evan's 56 heads all around except an Aquarian Super Kick II on the kick drum. Removed black wrap and went with an upgrade on hardware. Pies are Sabian XSR Monarch Hats, Sabian AAX Memphis Ride and a 16" Dream Bliss Crash. Also have a Ludwig 14x7 "Brick" snare. Living proof you don't have to spend crazy bank to look and sound good! Thanks for checking it out!

Nice and so easy to transport, set up and gig with!

7. The Sensitone Guy

I like what you've done. You do nice work.

The small sizes are great for gigging. The big snare is kinda out of place, but I'm sure it still works.

Question: What to do you with all the extra time on your hands that you used to spend setting up and tearing down?

8. Registered User

OH! Another question I have about this kit. The floor tom, i see you have the legs MAXED out, how high is the batter head from the floor? My 14x14 i have just about maxed on the legs. I suppose I'll probably have to get longer legs when I get one.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    OH! Another question I have about this kit. The floor tom, i see you have the legs MAXED out, how high is the batter head from the floor? My 14x14 i have just about maxed on the legs. I suppose I'll probably have to get longer legs when I get one.
    If it helps, I have a Natal Arcadia bop kit with 18DB and 14 floor tom, the legs on the FT are also maxed out and its not quite as high as my snare - not far off but ideally would be another couple of inches or so.
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgit View Post
    If it helps, I have a Natal Arcadia bop kit with 18DB and 14 floor tom, the legs on the FT are also maxed out and its not quite as high as my snare - not far off but ideally would be another couple of inches or so.
    That's kind of what I'm expecting. I sit higher than most do though. I'll just have to mess with it once I order the kit. I'm back to about 1/4 of the way saved for it, hopefully nothing else decides to drain my drum fund again

11. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Sentiment View Post
    How easy was it to remove the wrap from those guys?
    shouldn't you know all Pearl wrapped drums use 2 strips of double sided tape at seam? c'mon now .. being as you have your drum refurb/repair company and you being a Pearl super fan

hairdryer to heat adhesive on wrap seam and other wrap seam that touches actual shell , then use anything (putty knife/fishing line/etc) to pry wrap from actual wood part of shell ... just don't pull that sh#t off .. after that use goo gone , goof off, mineral spirits..etc to remove remaining tape adhesive from shell

To the Whale ... I see wood is bare .. are you planning on protecting it or leaving as-is? .. linseed oil / tung oil / or maybe a clear coat of lacquer wouid make the wood and what grain on shell "pop" and protect it from moisture

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    That's kind of what I'm expecting. I sit higher than most do though. I'll just have to mess with it once I order the kit. I'm back to about 1/4 of the way saved for it, hopefully nothing else decides to drain my drum fund again
    This is my exact kit, the floor tom is somewhat hidden but I think you can see its quite a bit deeper than the Pearl Roadshow one. I'm sure you can get longer legs to fit my Floor Tom, not sure how long they'd need to be for the Roadshow 14 FT in order to raise it?

https://www.andertons.co.uk/drum-dep...-in-red-strata
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare