Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How I Roadshow.

1. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    My foot is too weak to get a decent sound out of a 24”, let alone a 26”.
    that's what a shallower depth is for .. a 24x14 is the shizz in my opinion .. I have a heavy foot and a 24x14 is plug and play ready compared to a 24x18 .. more air to push and if you aren't consistent then it sounds weak and like mud

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    that's what a shallower depth is for .. a 24x14 is the shizz in my opinion .. I have a heavy foot and a 24x14 is plug and play ready compared to a 24x18 .. more air to push and if you aren't consistent then it sounds weak and like mud
    It was a 14” depth, yet I have no problem with my 16”x22”.

3. ...A mind like Water...

shouldn't you know all Pearl wrapped drums use 2 strips of double sided tape at seam? c'mon now .. being as you have your drum refurb/repair company and you being a Pearl super fan

hairdryer to heat adhesive on wrap seam and other wrap seam that touches actual shell , then use anything (putty knife/fishing line/etc) to pry wrap from actual wood part of shell ... just don't pull that sh#t off .. after that use goo gone , goof off, mineral spirits..etc to remove remaining tape adhesive from shell

To the Whale ... I see wood is bare .. are you planning on protecting it or leaving as-is? .. linseed oil / tung oil / or maybe a clear coat of lacquer wouid make the wood and what grain on shell "pop" and protect it from moisture
    Not all models were done that way. I've worked with Pearl's that the wrap was entirely glued on and others where the wrap was at the seam.

I just havent worked with roadshows before. I guess that makes me a complete novice!
    SELLING: Pearl Session Custom Maple (SMX) Marine Blue Fade - Near mint - 10x8, 12x9, 16x16, 22x18 - PM me for details!

4. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Sentiment View Post
    Not all models were done that way. I've worked with Pearl's that the wrap was entirely glued on and others where the wrap was at the seam.
    Which models did you unwrap that were glued to entire shell? .. Pearl has been using double-sided tape on wrapped drums for decades

5. ...A mind like Water...

Which models did you unwrap that were glued to entire shell? .. Pearl has been using double-sided tape on wrapped drums for decades
    Rhythm traveler, and an old export. Though its possible it was tape that melted and looked like glue.
    SELLING: Pearl Session Custom Maple (SMX) Marine Blue Fade - Near mint - 10x8, 12x9, 16x16, 22x18 - PM me for details!

6. Now With More "Whiz"

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    My foot is too weak to get a decent sound out of a 24”, let alone a 26”.
    Well, if money (and stage/riser space) is not an issue, you can always go with something like this (bump to about 3:30 in the video):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXb7tE9qPho
    Last edited by Cheez_Whiz; 11-10-2018 at 11:18 AM.

7. life start at 125bpm

very nice small kit,and i like the idea of a 18 kick drum. i'm not sure about the power output-volume pushed by these drums, but since i'm a fan of the 60's jazz sound, i'm guessing this kit can be tuned to this jazz alike drum sound we used to hear back in the 60's (i might be wrong on this specific question).

your kit looks great with the finish you picked, it seems a great value for the price.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's