Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Fixing Loose Rubber Components on Stands

Not a major issue but something that irritates me a bit nevertheless.

As the attached photos show, certain rubber components (I'm assuming they're some sort of rubber) have worked loose on a lot of my stands and tom holders. I was wondering if anyone could offer any recommendations for re-fixing them, whether a particular glueing method or something else.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. Registered User

Further examples:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

3. Registered User

If you want something that will stick these rubber bits down for good, try Stixall.
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgit View Post
    If you want something that will stick these rubber bits down for good, try Stixall.
    Thanks, I'll have a look at it.

5. The Sensitone Guy

I'm not sure what glue would be the best to fix this.

I will say that Pearl should do a better job in ensuring stuff like this doesn't happen with their hardware. You're essentially engineering weak components into a design. Perhaps I'm expecting too much, but when I buy a heavy-duty, top-of-the-line piece of drum hardware, I expect it to last for DECADES.

6. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

I used black RTV sealant (used for making gasket on engines and such) on my one pearl stand like that and it seams to be holding quite well.

7. Registered User

This is one reason I stopped using Pearl stands. Too many rubber and plastic pieces that break and/or fall off.

But to answer your question, when the rubber parts fell off, I would just use super/krazy/gorilla glue.
    Last edited by Jerry Skiddz; 11-05-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    Selling Rocket Shells custom carbon fiber drums - 10x8, 12x9, 14x10, 16x14, 22x18

8. Registered User

From what I understand, This is the exact reason Pearl quit making their tom holders with this black rubber/plastic piece on top. They are now made solid without the plastic and I've had no trouble with the newer ones. All plastic will eventually wear out, especially on moving pieces or pieces that require tightening and loosening but I agree with the above post, they should last several years before needing to be replaced. As mentioned previously, try some automotive Rtv silicone gasket maker, that should do the trick.

9. The Sensitone Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Master88 View Post
    From what I understand, This is the exact reason Pearl quit making their tom holders with this black rubber/plastic piece on top. They are now made solid without the plastic and I've had no trouble with the newer ones. All plastic will eventually wear out, especially on moving pieces or pieces that require tightening and loosening but I agree with the above post, they should last several years before needing to be replaced. As mentioned previously, try some automotive Rtv silicone gasket maker, that should do the trick.
    That's good to hear. None of my Pearl hardware (mostly tom mounts) has any plastic components - other than the internal bushings. All my Pearl stuff has been rock solid. I even bought a BB3 bass drum tom mount and installed it on a GRETSCH RENOWN bass drum! Shocking!