Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. The Sensitone Guy

Default I swear.... Snare drums have feelings!

If I didn't know any better I'd swear that snare drums are living, thinking, feeling organisms.

Haven't touched my drums in a month. Bass player breaking his leg and full time job issues just took the wind out of my sails. No motivation to play.

I finally broke down and played my beloved 7x13, Pearl Limited Edition Steel snare for about an hour today. It sounded just "OK". Nothing spectacular. Tuning and tweaking helped a little, but this drum had a bad attitude. This snare had no interest in playing. FINE! Have it your way!

I put it back in a case, grabbed my 5x14 aluminum Sensitone that I haven't touched in over a year (after it sounded crappy at a gig). Much to my surprise, the aluminum Sensitone was PERFECT right out of the case! It sounded so good, I didn't even want to play any fills on my toms; just the snare.

Is it just me? What's going on here guys?

2. life start at 125bpm

different mood in a different room?

you said the sensitone got a year round trip in its case because he sounded crap at a gig,which i'm assuming , was taking place in a larger room with higher ceilings etcetc......?
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

3. The Sensitone Guy

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    different mood in a different room?

you said the sensitone got a year round trip in its case because he sounded crap at a gig,which i'm assuming , was taking place in a larger room with higher ceilings etcetc......?
    Yes... But you're trying to inject logic into my "snares have feelings" theory!

4. life start at 125bpm

trying to inject logic into my "snares have feelings"
    LOL.....would had provided a different answer if you had stated you got into a conversation with your snare drum lollll.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

5. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

I might have to agree with you... I swear some days my walnut/birch mapex snare just hates me and has all these annoying overtones that I can't get to go away. I was so fed up with it that I hadn't played it for quite a while (it was the only snare I wanted to use for a long time)

then the other day I decided to give her a go again. I didn't touch anything and it sounded good. But I decided to bring the batter head up and bit and BOOM! Last time I played this drum was in the exact same spot in my guitarists studio.... so perhaps they do have feelings and mine was apologizing?