Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 28
  1. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,348

    Default

    It's a great snare if you don't mind the S logo's (on the black one). Never heard/played the 13x7 "power piccolo" Andy mentioned, although I know the one he means, but I suspect it'll sound very similar if not the same as the JJ sig. Either way, great sounding drum

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

  2. Unban nik12

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Near Macon, GA
    Posts
    6,282

    Default

    Never knew there was a red one! I have the standard JJ and it is awesome. I play hardcore and it cuts through all the guitars and bass very easily. I use a coated Powerstroke 77 on top but I think I'm going to go with a clear P77 next time to open it up just a little more. Just take care of it and it'll be a workhorse for you. I remember they did the metallic red to black fade finish on the JJ snare at one point too, I tried to find that one but I got mine for a hefty $125 so I wasn't gonna be too picky
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My DW Performance Series Drums

    My band
    Revenge Season

    Selling some gear, PM me for details
    19" Sabian Paragon China, 13x6.5 Joey Jordison Signature Snare (with logos), Pork Pie gold/leopard throne, Pearl 900 series snare stand

  3. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,296

    Default

    I used to have the one with the Slipnot logos, but I removed them. I thought removing the logos really improved the look of the drum. At one point, Pearl did offer this drum without the "S" logos, just like this.

    Name:  jj1365sb1.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  45.7 KB

    Name:  jj1365sb3.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  61.2 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  4. The Sensitone Guy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    It's a great snare if you don't mind the S logo's (on the black one). Never heard/played the 13x7 "power piccolo" Andy mentioned, although I know the one he means, but I suspect it'll sound very similar if not the same as the JJ sig. Either way, great sounding drum
    This is my 7x13 limited edition steel snare. It's essentially a steel sensitone in a weird size. Kinda cool little snare if you ask me. Not quite as versatile as a standard sized 14" snare, but still very fun to play.

    Name:  IMG_2048.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  95.5 KB

  5. The Sensitone Guy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Never knew there was a red one! I have the standard JJ and it is awesome. I play hardcore and it cuts through all the guitars and bass very easily. I use a coated Powerstroke 77 on top but I think I'm going to go with a clear P77 next time to open it up just a little more. Just take care of it and it'll be a workhorse for you. I remember they did the metallic red to black fade finish on the JJ snare at one point too, I tried to find that one but I got mine for a hefty $125 so I wasn't gonna be too picky
    At a $125 price tag, I'd buy a dozen! Great deal! You stole it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I used to have the one with the Slipnot logos, but I removed them. I thought removing the logos really improved the look of the drum. At one point, Pearl did offer this drum without the "S" logos, just like this.

    Name:  jj1365sb1.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  45.7 KB

    Name:  jj1365sb3.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  61.2 KB
    I really like the clean, classy look of the pure black snare. Those weird logos don't do anything for me. If I had a Jordison snare, the first thing I'd do is re-finish the shell. I don't HATE the Jordison logos, I just find them kinda ugly and unattractive. They're reminiscent of gang graffitti painted over a new car. It just doesn't look right. But hey... beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like the logos, more power to you.

  6. th droids yerlookn4

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    5,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I used to have the one with the Slipnot logos, but I removed them. I thought removing the logos really improved the look of the drum. At one point, Pearl did offer this drum without the "S" logos, just like this.

    Name:  jj1365sb1.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  45.7 KB

    Name:  jj1365sb3.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  61.2 KB
    unless im lookin at the picture wrong ,,,i do believe that pearl now sells the jj , logo free

    http://pearldrum.com/products/snares...joey-jordison/

  7. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    unless im lookin at the picture wrong ,,,i do believe that pearl now sells the jj , logo free

    http://pearldrum.com/products/snares...joey-jordison/
    Yep. They probably got the idea from me... since mine went logo-free back in March, 2014.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  8. The Sensitone Guy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Yep. They probably got the idea from me... since mine went logo-free back in March, 2014.
    The "logo free" option makes sense. If I'm not mistaken, Jordison left the band many years ago. I think he's bordering on irrelevance. Time to get rid of the goofy scribbles.

    Personally, I think this snare is screaming for more athstetic upgrades: chrome lugs, chrome hoops.

  9. Erect Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles-The Valley-Oh M'Gaad!
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    I'm coming out of hibernation with this as my first post in years . . .

    Here is a picture of my 2 JJ snares. I do not have the new logoless black one invented by Drumming-4-Life and now sold by Pearl.
    Name:  2 JJ Snares.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  51.0 KB


    Pearl Wine Red Masters Custom MMX

    My Kit . Driver Right . Driver Left . 60 of My 68 Pearl Snares

  10. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Yep. They probably got the idea from me... since mine went logo-free back in March, 2014.
    They probably got the idea from the fact he left Slipknot and thus he (Joey) can't use their logo anymore...

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

  11. th droids yerlookn4

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    5,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitsme View Post
    I'm coming out of hibernation with this as my first post in years . . .

    Here is a picture of my 2 JJ snares. I do not have the new logoless black one invented by Drumming-4-Life and now sold by Pearl.
    Name:  2 JJ Snares.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  51.0 KB
    that top one is my favorite of the three

  12. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitsme View Post
    i do not have the new logoless black one invented by drumming-4-life and now sold by pearl.
    i

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •