Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
  1. The Hardware Guy

Well, I can't say I was expecting that turn at the end.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

2. Registered User

"Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

3. Experienced Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    One of my former subordinates (23 year old girl), is literally like a daughter to me. Now that I'm no longer her boss, she's cleared to stop by for dinner, holidays, etc... My wife of 29 years is very cool with it. We don't have kids, we're both in our 50's, so this is a really exciting time.
    As an outsider with no skin in the game & nothing to base this on outside of your description I will just suggest that you step away from this one. Nothing about it passes the smell test at all. Use the new job as a reason for a clean break. This can't end well.

Unrelated, congratulations on the new job! Good things do happen to good people.

4. The Sensitone Guy

Uh.... Forgot to mention... I'm friends with her Dad.

Sounded bad when I re-read it. Sorry.

5. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

Glad to hear you started your job and are happy with the change! I understood where you were coming from with the whole dinner thing. My parents were like that with some of our friends in high school, they’d live with us for a week or so just because, and my mother acted as if they were just another one of her kids.

Anyways. I’ve been working at BMW for 2 weeks now and I’m loving it! I have yet to meet a coworker that has don’t like, the shop is amazing, and I get to work on some effing awesome cars.

Hey Dylan, what x3 do you have and which engine? I’ll ask a couple of the techs if they know anything about your “diesel” sounding engine .

And again, congrats and the positive life change Andy!

6. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    Glad to hear you started your job and are happy with the change! I understood where you were coming from with the whole dinner thing. My parents were like that with some of our friends in high school, they’d live with us for a week or so just because, and my mother acted as if they were just another one of her kids.

Anyways. I’ve been working at BMW for 2 weeks now and I’m loving it! I have yet to meet a coworker that has don’t like, the shop is amazing, and I get to work on some effing awesome cars.

Hey Dylan, what x3 do you have and which engine? I’ll ask a couple of the techs if they know anything about your “diesel” sounding engine .

2013 F25 X3 28i. Thanks!!!
    Way Too Much Crap

7. Registered User

What a change of shops for you. Must be great learning about these amazing cars. Congratulations!

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    As an outsider with no skin in the game & nothing to base this on outside of your description I will just suggest that you step away from this one. Nothing about it passes the smell test at all. Use the new job as a reason for a clean break. This can't end well.

Unrelated, congratulations on the new job! Good things do happen to good people.
    What he said.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    2013 F25 X3 28i. Thanks!!!
    With a little research what I found so far is the piezo direct injectors a just really loud on this engine (like I thought initially). Also apparently your block is made of a magnesium alloy to be super light weight, which in turn transmits more engine noise.... less mass = less sound absorption. Trading noise for fuel efficiency.

I’m still planning on asking at work and see if I get the same answer.

10. Drumming Since 1943

With a little research what I found so far is the piezo direct injectors a just really loud on this engine (like I thought initially). Also apparently your block is made of a magnesium alloy to be super light weight, which in turn transmits more engine noise.... less mass = less sound absorption. Trading noise for fuel efficiency.

I’m still planning on asking at work and see if I get the same answer.
    Funny thing is, the truck gets garbage mpg.
    Way Too Much Crap

11. Registered User

Yeah, but for an awd medium sized suv with almost 250hp turbo engine, it’s really not too bad. Bmws are pretty heavy vehicles compared to others due to all the computers and comfort stuff in them. So 22mpg average isn’t bad, I’m sure in town yours is a bit worse though. My Crosstrek only gets about 27mpg.

12. Drumming Since 1943

Yeah, but for an awd medium sized suv with almost 250hp turbo engine, it’s really not too bad. Bmws are pretty heavy vehicles compared to others due to all the computers and comfort stuff in them. So 22mpg average isn’t bad, I’m sure in town yours is a bit worse though. My Crosstrek only gets about 27mpg.
    I guess. I keep it in “comfort” mode and it does ok. SPORT knocks the mpg into almost the single digits. At least the way i drive...
    Way Too Much Crap