Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. The Sensitone Guy

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    If I'm lying, I'm dying!
    Hope your will is up to date.

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    What laws are you referring to?

My 1 aim during my tours of duty is to keep traffic moving and to keep the motoring public safe. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say?
    The fact this is even worthy of an article shows just what law you enforced in your example, granted in a different city, is never enforced on officers. https://nypost.com/2017/06/04/cops-a...their-own/amp/

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Hope your will is up to date.
    No will, no family, and I found out (two weeks after my FIRST SS check!) I have inoperable lung cancer spread to my heart and lungs.

But it's all good, so to speak.

4. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    No will, no family, and I found out (two weeks after my FIRST SS check!) I have inoperable lung cancer spread to my heart and lungs.

But it's all good, so to speak.
    And i felt desperate because my back in pain.....god bless you my friend drummer
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    As for cops... It never pays to be rude to a cop... unless they're a faceless, nameless person on a drum forum!
    This I agree with. The last time I was pulled over, before the cop was even at my window, I had the interior light on , windows open, and hands on my stering wheel. I never took them off unless I asked first, I was honest about my record when asked, admitted my mistake, and she let me go.

I cannot say all my experiences have been positive though. I can think of a few in which the officer was totally chest pumping, obnoxious behavior or plain, old stereotypical power tripping or completely avoiding doing their job when they were in need.

6. Drumming Since 1943

Annnnnyway...
    Way Too Much Crap

7. life start at 125bpm

Annnnnyway...
    yep......being raised by one ,and then teaching marksmanship to some of them got me to learn ......
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Annnnnyway...
    It’s totally cool. I know there are advantages in all we do. I can’t even count how many shows I have gotten in for free anymore.

All of it just makes me understand why people have the issues they do regarding anything we all do, especially those in public services.

9. Registered User

I need someone to get me a good job with more pay and I'd be ok.

New car, caviare, four star day dream.
    Think I'll buy me a football team!

10. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    I need someone to get me a good job with more pay and I'd be ok.

New car, caviare, four star day dream.
    Think I'll buy me a football team!
    Be the change in your life.

Don’t expect anything, go earn it for yourself!

The harder you work, the greater the reward....

It’s morning and I’m running out of cheesy inspirational poster phrases... LOL

11. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    Be the change in your life.

Don’t expect anything, go earn it for yourself!

The harder you work, the greater the reward....

It’s morning and I’m running out of cheesy inspirational poster phrases... LOL
    ....like in...''''be the master of your life ''''' ? LOL....
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

12. Drumming Since 1943

I feel I have to reference this post again:

Just remember the cops hold ALL the cards. They can do whatever they want, and with no witnesses, they can do ANYTHING.

This may have been true at some point in in the past and may still be true in some parts of the world, but I can tell you with 100% assuredness, that it is NOT true anymore. We hold almost no cards. We CANNOT "do whatever we want" and there are ALWAYS "witnesses". We can't do "anything". The above sentence is one borne out of negative emotion and hyperbole, not actual fact.

Being a cop in this timeline means being questioned about every single move we make, every conversation we have, every interaction with the public. I'VE had an individual actually take the time to go to our HQ and lodge an official complaint against me that was literally made up out of whole cloth. Why? I asked him to put his dog on a leash and not walk it in a flowerbed that people work very hard to cultivate. Just an example of what we're up against.

Oh and I took a loaded shotgun off an 18 year old kid a couple of weeks ago. And the kid actually had an attitude with me in the booking room. So yeah, that too.

I'm not complaining. It's The Job. But when people spew ignorant things like COPS HAVE ALL THE POWER!!1 PIGS!!!!1... well, you're entitled to your opinion but that doesn't mean it's correct.
    Way Too Much Crap