Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. The Sensitone Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    A minor infraction shouldn't cause much of an issue, especially if it is the only one. I actually just got a couple tickets the day after the dealer contacted me for a burned out headlight and expired registration (almost a full year expired! ) The officer was gracious enough to not have my (wife's) vehicle towed since I had her and both kids with me.

I just payed the tickets even though he told me to fight the registration one and he'd work with me. I was clearly guilty and that would have just made more work for him. Anyways, those tickets did not effect me getting my job even though they specifically asked about me receiving any tickets in the last 6 years or so. They even ran a thorough background check and driving record check.

I also had been charged with a felony when I was 18 (fleeing and alluding) because I was really stupid and had a bad day. The officer at that time was nice and agreed to drop the charges and what not (including the illegally passing 16 vehicles... remember... I said I was STUPID!!!!) so nothing went on my driving record. It was dropped to a misdemeanor of sorts (I don't remember what) but all of that had been ex-sponged from my record thanks to the officer being a really nice guy. I even shook his hand and thanked him so much after it was all said and done. And from that day on, I no longer drive like an ***.
    WOW! You lucked out. Many of my subordinates are 18 to 24 years old. I see and hear the craziest things. I tell them all the time that they are smarter and more mature than I was at their age. I try not to be too harsh on them when they do stupid things.

As for cops... It never pays to be rude to a cop... unless they're a faceless, nameless person on a drum forum!

2. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    WOW! You lucked out. Many of my subordinates are 18 to 24 years old. I see and hear the craziest things. I tell them all the time that they are smarter and more mature than I was at their age. I try not to be too harsh on them when they do stupid things.

As for cops... It never pays to be rude to a cop... unless they're a faceless, nameless person on a drum forum!
    Unfortunately, we both know his name (first anyways) and have seen pictures of his face... so I suppose that means we should no longer be rude to him? LOL

And yes, I was extremely luck that that whole situation worked out the way it did. I had only turned 18 a few months prior to that... so my stupidity just about ruined my entire adulthood. Being polite and respectful of cops is always a good idea. They are just doing their job, they don't make the laws.

3. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    i know a lot of them in my area that i gave them handgun re-qualificiation courses,and let me tell you that some among them are able to take a LOT before using their ''credential''' to full force , which is the right thing to do if you want to prove to the surrounding you work with everyday,that you're not THE control freak who uses its badge to submit people on the first verbal spark like a sissy (assuming it is not physically confrontational) ; those are most than not highly regarded and respected in their community.....some others are suseptible pricks who loose their north as first reaction. they makes their name for themself very fast,and they gets into troubles all the time..
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    i know a lot of them in my area that i gave them handgun re-qualificiation courses,and let me tell you that some among them are able to take a LOT before using their ''credential''' to full force , which is the right thing to do if you want to prove to the surrounding you work with everyday,that you're not THE control freak who uses its badge to submit people on the first verbal spark like a sissy (assuming it is not physically confrontational) ; those are most than not highly regarded and respected in their community.....some others are suseptible pricks who loose their north as first reaction. they makes their name for themself very fast,and they gets into troubles all the time..
    You're 100% correct. And btw, I LOVE the phrase "Lose their north". SO apropos.

I'm sure there are random people that I've had interactions with that would claim I was a monster. But those are generally the people who do something wrong and EXPECT to be let off the hook for it. When I don't do that, they snap. It's amazing the things people say to me. Some of the rudest, most hurtful things... and all I want is for them to move their double-parked car that's blocking an ambulance route. But they simply MUST bring their groceries into their apartment. Our society is RIFE with entitled people who've never been taught proper respect.

Hi guyz!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post

I'm sure there are random people that I've had interactions with that would claim I was a monster. But those are generally the people who do something wrong and EXPECT to be let off the hook for it. When I don't do that, they snap. It's amazing the things people say to me. Some of the rudest, most hurtful things... and all I want is for them to move their double-parked car that's blocking an ambulance route. But they simply MUST bring their groceries into their apartment. Our society is RIFE with entitled people who've never been taught proper respect.

Hi guyz!
    Though I agree 100%, I think a lot of people’ Issues is how strict some are in enforcing the laws, but at the same time don’t believe it applies to them. Even though he was simply a prison guard, I have seen my dad get pulled over and immediately let go regardless of what he did strictly because he had a PBA card or was simply wearing his uniform. The police courtesy seems extremely hypocritical in that regard.

6. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Though I agree 100%, I think a lot of people’ Issues is how strict some are in enforcing the laws, but at the same time don’t believe it applies to them. Even though he was simply a prison guard, I have seen my dad get pulled over and immediately let go regardless of what he did strictly because he had a PBA card or was simply wearing his uniform. The police courtesy seems extremely hypocritical in that regard.
    What laws are you referring to?

My 1 aim during my tours of duty is to keep traffic moving and to keep the motoring public safe. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say?
    Way Too Much Crap

7. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post

Hi guyz!
    i have a principle ,if ever i had to face a policemen for whatever reason( my dad was a police investigator all his life) and it is simple. be nice,and comply.that is it. whetever the guy is an a**h***, i prefer to take the high road in life,unless i'm provoqued very hard. policemen work is a very,very hard humanly speaking , the everyday work is mentally draining
    ( there is many reasons as why a lot of them are alcoholic) ,those guys put their life on the line at every second of their shifts, just for that fact, it's enough reasons to forgive those whpo aren't able to control themself.

adding to all this that , people facing the police because caught in infractions acts like imbecile dorks.....then you see the whole picture,and understand you must be built solid to be willing to embrace this job sitting in a cruiser meeting idiots all day long.dad was eager to see me following in its tracks.....NO FOOKING THANKS!!!

i also get the fact that being a cop in the usa compared to be a cop in canada is a whole different job. assuming this job is a dangerous one over here, i just can't imagine what it can be in the usa gosh!
    Last edited by rollracer; 11-14-2018 at 05:57 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

8. Registered User

Just remember the cops hold ALL the cards. They can do whatever they want, and with no witnesses, they can do ANYTHING.

A police officer is NOT your friend - ever.

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    Just remember the cops hold ALL the cards. They can do whatever they want, and with no witnesses, they can do ANYTHING.

A police officer is NOT your friend - ever.
    Uh... um... I'm gonna just say that I'm very, very sorry you feel that way.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Registered User

Please - don't feel sorry for me.

No need to quote a previous post. As many here can see, it clutters the thread and is redundant.

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    Please - don't feel sorry for me.

No need to quote a previous post. As many here can see, it clutters the thread and iss redundant.
    Ok buddy. Gotcha.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Registered User

If I'm lying, I'm dying!