Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Cleaned out. Thsnks
    Way Too Much Crap

2. Registered User

Andy a late congrats - I hope this Job is the best and really works out for you. Be sure you have a good look around your old job and if you need to Gather something collect it or take a picture of it. Leave on the best of terms that you can live with and collect your list of contacts!! I would bet the customers will miss you and someone will say "why if we knew you were looking we would have asked you" to speak with us. In fullers case Shops lose techs all the time over money and support plus the good shops retain and recruit the better techs that perform. All business's in the service fields or trades can not hire enough good people.

oh well back to BMW X3 discussion ! Congrats Andy
    Session prestige select 14x 12 tom Shell with badge Teal available

Diamond Burst MMX 4 Sale Black hardware 12,14,16,22 PM

3. The Sensitone Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    It started out as Andy asking a question about using band member as a reference in his resume... which turned into the saga of him finally getting the job, then my fat *** butted in with news about me getting a job at bmw which then turned the conversation to vehicles.... so there’s that
    Consider this thread a conversation amongst good friends. Wherever it leads is good by me.

Quote Originally Posted by richie rich View Post
    Andy a late congrats - I hope this Job is the best and really works out for you. Be sure you have a good look around your old job and if you need to Gather something collect it or take a picture of it. Leave on the best of terms that you can live with and collect your list of contacts!! I would bet the customers will miss you and someone will say "why if we knew you were looking we would have asked you" to speak with us. In fullers case Shops lose techs all the time over money and support plus the good shops retain and recruit the better techs that perform. All business's in the service fields or trades can not hire enough good people.

oh well back to BMW X3 discussion ! Congrats Andy
    Thanks for the kind words. I'm sooooo excited about this new job. They're gonna treat me like a rented mule, but are paying me crazy money. I can take abuse!

One subordinate and two peers know I'm leaving shortly. Management has suspected for months and is treating me differently. They're excluding me from meetings and withholding basic information required at the job site. Very strange. It feels like I'm about to get fired!

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Consider this thread a conversation amongst good friends. Wherever it leads is good by me.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sooooo excited about this new job. They're gonna treat me like a rented mule, but are paying me crazy money. I can take abuse!

One subordinate and two peers know I'm leaving shortly. Management has suspected for months and is treating me differently. They're excluding me from meetings and withholding basic information required at the job site. Very strange. It feels like I'm about to get fired!
    You might be!
    Way Too Much Crap

5. The Sensitone Guy

I have to wait for the background check before I'm "official". Should be complete by Friday?

Last night I woke up in a cold sweat and realized I had a $20 civil infraction (turned in firearm registration in late) about 5 years ago. Oh crap! I emailed the background check people about it. I'm an idiot!

6. life start at 125bpm

I have to wait for the background check before I'm "official". Should be complete by Friday?

Last night I woke up in a cold sweat and realized I had a $20 civil infraction (turned in firearm registration in late) about 5 years ago. Oh crap! I emailed the background check people about it. I'm an idiot!
    quick reflex.well done.
    Last edited by rollracer; 11-14-2018 at 07:30 AM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

7. Drumming Since 1943

Yeah, was gonna mention that one to you.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

A minor infraction shouldn't cause much of an issue, especially if it is the only one. I actually just got a couple tickets the day after the dealer contacted me for a burned out headlight and expired registration (almost a full year expired! ) The officer was gracious enough to not have my (wife's) vehicle towed since I had her and both kids with me.

I just payed the tickets even though he told me to fight the registration one and he'd work with me. I was clearly guilty and that would have just made more work for him. Anyways, those tickets did not effect me getting my job even though they specifically asked about me receiving any tickets in the last 6 years or so. They even ran a thorough background check and driving record check.

I also had been charged with a felony when I was 18 (fleeing and alluding) because I was really stupid and had a bad day. The officer at that time was nice and agreed to drop the charges and what not (including the illegally passing 16 vehicles... remember... I said I was STUPID!!!!) so nothing went on my driving record. It was dropped to a misdemeanor of sorts (I don't remember what) but all of that had been ex-sponged from my record thanks to the officer being a really nice guy. I even shook his hand and thanked him so much after it was all said and done. And from that day on, I no longer drive like an ***.

9. Drumming Since 1943

"Ex-sponged". LOL
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    "Ex-sponged". LOL
    I don't know how to spell it lol

I spelled it how it sounded, but spellcheck yelled at me and wanted to hyphenate it.

How would it be spelled then Mr. Ociffer?

(if you haven't figured it out yet, I am TERRIBLE at spelling... and typing. I have big fat mechanic sausage fingers)

11. Drumming Since 1943

"Expunged".
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    "Expunged".
    Yeah... THAT!