Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by czx View Post
    . Master... you want even more response, resonance, from your toms.... try an original i.s.s. or Rims.. I have observed this many times. The newer optimount in either finish takes something away IMO. I just got feedback from another drummer who has owned several newer and several older Masters. He said the same thing.
    Well, both of these kits had the steel optimounts, not the I.S.S mounts, in fact, they were the exact same shells other than the finish. The only difference being that the kit I have now was built when the mcx kits first started coming out in around 2009 or so and the other kit, that didn't sound as good, was made later (I'm assuming) when the Mocha Tamo finish was released around 2013-14? In fact, There's no telling when the shells were made to be honest, I was just curious if anyone had ever experienced anything similar, where 2 of the same kits sounded so different from each other, it's really strange. The mcx kit I have now sings like my other mcx never did. Even my wife, who wouldn't know a snare drum from a floor tom mentioned how they sounded different... I didn't try to explain, I just smiled!

2. A Passion Play ...

Only thing to do now is enjoy them.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Only thing to do now is enjoy them.
    Exactly!