Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default screw broken trouble

Hello for everyone!
    I got an eliminator double pedal 2002c.
    The screw on the part aluminiun wheel asembly, (named as SC-327H Flat-Head Screw) are broken, and unfortunately, the middle of the screw still inside, blocked the change for another screw.

Where I can find this part? (aluminiun wheel asemblyName:  gZ5HWdx.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  62.2 KB
    I attach some pics of the trouble for try explain.... Name:  Kv1udQP.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  53.0 KBName:  V5u6rDg.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  41.3 KBName:  DQ0IC8x.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  43.4 KB

Thank you very much

2. a.k.a. YtseJam

It is not impossible to get the broken part out, although you would have to have some metalworking experience and a small enough screw extractor.

Maybe if you ask some local auto shop, they might be able to help you, auto mechanics deal with this kind of stuff all the time.

3. Registered User

You should be able to tap that out fairly easy with the right size drill bit and tap... Simply drill a hole halfway into the broken off screw with a drill bit slightly smaller than the tap size... Tap the screw extractor into the hole you drilled and slowly back it out. Just be careful to ONLY drill and tap into the broken screw, you don't want to get sideways and bur the aluminum threads... If you have the tools, it's a fairly easy and quick job, if you don't, I'd do as the post above mentioned and run it by an auto repair shop etc..They can fix you up in no time... Hope this helps

4. Registered User

Keep us posted on this, I'm curious as to how this turned out for you, were you able to tap it out or get someone to do it? Just curious