Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Evans Drum Heads

I'm going to buy a full set of Hydraulic Black heads for my Pearl Masters kit including the Reso heads (Due to them being on for years..) Which Reso heads should I buy to match? Everywhere i've seen online only sells the batter head and I'm unsure on what Reso head to go for. Thanks

2. Registered User

The Evans Reso heads are described here http://www.evansdrumheads.com/EvDrum...?ActiveID=3592, the G1 clear is the "goto" Reso head for most uses, if you want darker then its either the G1 coated or EC2.
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

3. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by mattyrds95 View Post
    I'm going to buy a full set of Hydraulic Black heads for my Pearl Masters kit including the Reso heads (Due to them being on for years..) Which Reso heads should I buy to match? Everywhere i've seen online only sells the batter head and I'm unsure on what Reso head to go for. Thanks
    If you want black resonant heads... look here.

http://www.evansdrumheads.com/EvDrum...?ActiveID=3592

If you want clear resonant heads... look here.

http://www.evansdrumheads.com/EvDrum...?ActiveID=3592
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

4. Registered User

haha, both of those are the exact same link that I post :-)

Depends if he wants a matching "black" reso head, or one that matches the "sound" of the batter head I suppose.

What I don't get is that the Genera resonant for example, is listed as being brighter than the G1 clear, but the Genero resonates less as its thinner. The "darker" heads are thicker so will resonate more, or for longer. Seems contradictory.
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mattyrds95 View Post
    I'm going to buy a full set of Hydraulic Black heads for my Pearl Masters kit including the Reso heads (Due to them being on for years..) Which Reso heads should I buy to match? Everywhere I've seen online only sells the batter head and I'm unsure on what Reso head to go for. Thanks
    I'm currently using black hydraulics on the bater side of my kit on with a black coated hydraulic on my snare, I've also gone for red hydraulics on the resonant side as I had some I used to have on the bater so id thought id try them out on the reso. if you're going for a dead, deep sound dobule hydraulics work great.

Like others have mentioned above not sure if you want to match the sound or look on the resonant?

Hope this helps
    Joe