Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MCT woods

1. Registered User

Default MCT woods

Hi. I have a question. Have the master complete the same wood of the master reserve of masters premium? The thickness of the plies is different, but I think the veener is the same. I compare the master premium legend snare and the mct, and I think is the same, but Im not sure. Thanks a lot.

2. Rockin' the Cosmos..

MCT,MRV, MPL all use the same North American Rock Maple for shell ... the MRV uses Masterworks grade veneer on outer ply as far as I know .. the difference is cosmetics .. doesn't effect sound

3. Registered User

Both are the Same Maple Family. The wood plys are most likely a different thickness the MCT is SST shell which is Pearls glue and press mold recipe. The masters premium legend snare was available with Pearl Europe1st with not as many sold in US till later in the run with a new name Master premium dark times for 4ply ,4ply drums in US as there was not a US masters line for toms and bass drums of 4ply ,4ply shell. It is now called the Masters Maple Reserve and sold in the US. A MMR shell is the 4ply with 4ply rings the classic MMX then renamed master premium legend then renamed Master Maple Reserve with SST. The MCT has a ply or possibly 2ply's turned in it or cross laminated.. Did your question come from a search for a snare sound?
    Session prestige select 14x 12 tom Shell with badge Teal available

Diamond Burst MMX 4 Sale Black hardware 12,14,16,22 PM

4. Registered User

BA was on it while I walked away , perhaps He can tell you if the Masters Maple Reserve snare is all SST and if so are those inner 4ply rings are installed by hand or machine during the heat and press

5. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by richie rich View Post
    BA was on it while I walked away , perhaps He can tell you if the Masters Maple Reserve snare is all SST and if so are those inner 4ply rings are installed by hand or machine during the heat and press
    that has nothing to do with what he asked .. this is his question which is worded awkward "Have the master complete the same wood of the master reserve of masters premium?"

I'll translate .. it reads like this "Is the masters complete the same wood as the masters reserve or masters premium" ... see my original post for answer

6. Registered User

True That