Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. th droids yerlookn4

my favs :
    zildjian a custom ping ride 20
    zildjian a custom 20th aniv. 21
    and suprisingly my new fave is the zildjian rezo ride , 21 i recently purchased
    honorable mention the sabian hhx evolution , 20
    no surprise , i like a nice pingy, bell tone primarily, with a nice wash , with nice crash-ability, ive found those qualities in these cymbals the suprise was the rezo ride i cant see why zildjian didnt really advertise this little gem more ... its got a nice big bell , it rides , and crashes for days an switches gears right back into a ping ing bell sound ,,very nice ...
    the hhx 20 , is just a sweet sounding bell and just has a pleasently all round sound, surprisingly this sweet quality , doesnt transfer over to the 21 ..after my experiance with 21 zildjians i was kinda hoping it would ..lol

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    It's a Zildjian A Custom 20" China. I found it many years ago after trying so many, and I just like the way it sounds. I tried A Customs in other sizes, a 17" K, Orientals in sizes 16-20, and a few different Sabians... but I've always come back to this one.
    Thanks Matt for the clarification. I thought that it might of been a 20" Paragon China Brilliant.

3. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Thanks Matt for the clarification. I thought that it might of been a 20" Paragon China Brilliant.
    I never tried one of those, I might like it. I have the 19" Paragon (wide flange) on the other side, my second favorite china at the moment.

Name:  concerttomsandmore2small.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  94.1 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I never tried one of those, I might like it. I have the 19" Paragon (wide flange) on the other side, my second favorite china at the moment.

Name:  concerttomsandmore2small.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  94.1 KB
    Me too!Name:  image_20180810_183310_1533948924856.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  60.8 KBName:  image_20180810_183310_1533948924856.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  60.8 KB

5. Registered User

22" Sabian Paragon mmmmmmmmmm-mmmmmmmmmmm
    Bish
    "I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds."

6. Safe for Pets

My current favorite is the Meinl Byzance 22" Vintage Sand Ride, I actually use it as more of a crash ride as it just adds a great washy roar without being gongy and sits great in the mix. The bell is loud and articulate as well. I usually don't need to mic it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mapex Saturn Limited Edition Birch/Walnut
    Meinl Cymbals
    Pearl/Axis Hardware

http://https://www.pearldrummersforu...I-Birch-Walnut

https://www.instagram.com/jheckdrums/

7. SUPREME MODULATOR

I picked up this ride 13 years ago. Really liked it but for a few different reasons it fell off the kit in favor of two or three other rides. Though I always liked the sound, for what I was playing, it always seemed a little choked and way too quiet. Though I wasn't quite ready to get rid of it I knew I didn't want to play it. This cymbal actually became a lampshade for almost 8 years.

Then one day, not sure why, i popped it back on the kit.
    Holy ****.
    Suddenly this cymbal has doubled in volume and developed a previously unattainable level of crashability. I dont get it. Yes cymbals change with time but usually that's time being played.
    Im not complaining...love this thing. Its everything I wrote about in this review but now more alive and vibrant.

Oh...22" SABIAN AA Raw Ride.

8. Purple Crazed

Quote Originally Posted by PYRRHO View Post
    I picked up this ride 13 years ago. Really liked it but for a few different reasons it fell off the kit in favor of two or three other rides. Though I always liked the sound, for what I was playing, it always seemed a little choked and way too quiet. Though I wasn't quite ready to get rid of it I knew I didn't want to play it. This cymbal actually became a lampshade for almost 8 years.

Then one day, not sure why, i popped it back on the kit.
    Holy ****.
    Suddenly this cymbal has doubled in volume and developed a previously unattainable level of crashability. I dont get it. Yes cymbals change with time but usually that's time being played.
    Im not complaining...love this thing. Its everything I wrote about in this review but now more alive and vibrant.

Oh...22" SABIAN AA Raw Ride.
    I have two of these - they are really cool sounding cymbals. If you ever get a sound clip, I would love to hear it. Here is one of mine: https://soundcloud.com/stephen-roe-2...g22aarawride-1

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    14x5 | 6x7 | 8x7 | 8x7 | 8x8 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 18x16 | 20x14G | 20x16 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

9. Registered User

I have a vintage 22" Avedis from the 60's... allow me to quote myself from another thread, with a few minor changes to make two separate posts flow more cohesively and update time frames:

This is Old Faithful; she's a 22" Avedis from the 60s that my dad and I found in a local music shop about eleven years ago. I haven't played a show without her since the day we brought her home.

Attachment 501886

It perfectly for every style of music I've ever played on it; I mainly Blues, Funk, Soul and R&B, but I've also done Rock, Heavy Metal, Country and even some modern Pop and Contemporary depending on the gig, and I swear it sounds like it belongs there on every single song. The bell is powerful, crisp, and full, it has a phenomenal crash to it, and I still haven't found a limit to all the different sounds I can get out of the whole thing. If it ever breaks, my heart will shatter and my soul will die.
    Don't pick a fight with a drummer... we beat things for a living.

10. ...groovy...

My favorite is definately the one cymbal that has survived years of changing every other cymbal on my setup, owned it since 2006 and never once considered to sell it. My trustworthy 22" Paiste 2002 Rock Bell Ride, the Dimensions Power Bell successor that was only in the market a couple of years. I just love the way it sounds, feels and looks. Can build up a nice wash if needed, still it's mainly about ping and incredible bell sound. Works excellent for my type of music (thrash/death metal) and couples perfectly with my 15" 2002 Sound Edge Hats.
    Pearl Masters BCX in Piano Black
    Paiste and Meinl cymbals, Vic Firth 5A Extreme sticks

11. Registered User

I've been looking for a couple of years now for the perfect ride. I own two rides: Zildjian 21" A Sweet Ride and a Paiste 20" Sound Formula Dry Ride. The Paiste i have not used for years and might as well sell it (too heavy and pingy for my likings). The Sweet Ride i've been using since 2011 and is a great ride, but the last year or so i've been crash riding a lot more on my ride and find that it sounds a bit too gongy and bland for my likings (yes, i know, people swear by this ride to be one of the best for that). I've been scaling down my setup for a while now, mostly because i'm lazy, but love to have 3 crash options (one being the ride, the other 2 just regular crashes).
    I've been really into the Meinl Byzance 21" Transition Ride and that ride sounds perfect.
    Really tempted to buy one, since i think it will be perfect for my band and probably will 'retire' my 14" A New Beats for a set of Meinl 15" Extra Dry hats as well then. Decisions, decisions, decisions...
    Pearl BCX in Lava Bubinga | Pics
    22x18 (2), 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5" Pearl Kapur snare drum

Pearl VBA in Dynamite Burst | Pics
    22x18, 10x7, 12x8, 14x12, 16x14, 14x5.5 matching snare

Alesis DM10 | Pics

12. Registered User

Just picked up this well loved Paiste 22Ē power ride. Itís a tie between the 22Ē heavy and this as my favourites. Since the manager of the local L&M gave me a good deal on this, I couldnít pass it up. Itís definitely a rock cymbal, great stick definition and not too much wash. The heavy has slightly better crashability and more versatility though. I would say the bells are similar. Over all, I love this ride.
    Last edited by Pearlnpaisteguy; 10-11-2018 at 07:22 PM.