Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Platformed 5 Piece PDP

Hello, everyone - I'm new to this forum. I've been lurking for a couple of months waiting to be activated and it finally happened - excellent! I've always been a guitar player pretty much because that's what my dad got me when I was a kid... I wanted a drumset. I've always wanted a kit but it never happened until recently. I would rate my skill level as being good enough if I'm all you can get, lol. I'm not good, but I'm not bad. Nothing fancy - I'm more of a Meg White style right now but I hope to improve on that.

Try as I could, I couldn't get my MT as low as I prefer. I was at the point where I was considering swapping my 22" for a 20" or even getting a rack but I really wanted to work with what I have already. So, instead of trying to get my MT any lower I decided to raise everything else. Keep in mind that this kit will never go anywhere...

It worked perfectly! My pedal is secured to the platform and my kick is held inplace with one bushing-covered wood screw - you can see it in the front-on shot. Before anyone says anything, I tried a flatter angle to my toms but it just never felt right with me.

Anyhow, glad to be here and I hope ya'll can put up with my upcoming questions! I threw in a shot (any other guitar playing drummers here?) of my stringed babies, just for the halibut!

The tiny throne is a joke!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. Registered User

You've got your bass drum backwards.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

3. Drumming Since 1943

Oh dear.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Registered User

Crikey - I forgot to 'splain that. I did it so the MT would be closer to me. I knew I was forgetting something...

This platform was a prototype to see if it worked - I threw it together out of scrap lumber. I'll eventually get around to building a nicer, better ergonomically shaped version.

5. Drumming Since 1943

“mt”?
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Registered User

Sorry - mounted toms.

I love this kit, but as soon as I have a buyer I'm REALLY looking at this kit, 20" kick. I'll get a rack and be able to do away with the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by MattKeaton View Post
    I like the thinking outside the box.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks, Matt - I had to come up with SOME way to get those toms lower!
    Last edited by MasterBlaster56; 08-28-2018 at 09:18 AM.

7. Registered User

I like the thinking outside the box.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

8. A Passion Play ...

Welcome to the Forum. Nice kit.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

9. Registered User

Thanks, Eric. I'm no drum pro for sure, I bought the best kit I could with the budget I was working with. My goal is to have two kits - one accoustic and the other electric. I really have the hots for a e/Merge e/Hybrid kit.

10. Registered User

Off topic, but why did Grunter kick you off the Drummer World site? I never saw you get out of line.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

11. Registered User

I really don't know. He was bullying me for a while there, no idea why. He DID freak out when I embedded stuff, so I stopped but I don't know what his problem was. I've administered my own forum for over 10 years now - I know how to act and when to ban people. That fellow is a bully.

12. The Sensitone Guy

OP. I like your out-of-the-box thinking.