Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Registered User

Thanks both for your reviews and advice, now I'm leaning more towards the Arcadia as its more versatile and would be a better option should I need a small kit for performances e.g. in a park/band stand. I already have all even sizes of drum bags (8 thru 20).
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

2. NO KIT TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgit View Post
    Thanks both for your reviews and advice, now I'm leaning more towards the Arcadia as its more versatile and would be a better option should I need a small kit for performances e.g. in a park/band stand. I already have all even sizes of drum bags (8 thru 20).
    Great choice, drop me a PM anytime you're in the big smoke
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

3. Registered User

I went along to the big band rehearsal, they liked what they heard and will invite me back for more so that's great news. I hadn't played swing time for nearly 30 years and have a few things to practice. I saw a Natal Arcadia Birch Jazz/Bop kit for sale locally, in a great colour and at a very good price, so picked it up on Thursday. I think it looks really cool. Its hardly been played, I tore it down, dusted it and put the heads back on and tuned them a bit. It doesn't sound half bad even with the stock UT heads so will keep these on for a while, may be change them for UV1s and an EMAD on the bass. We'll see.

I'm using my old 30+ year old cymbals at the moment: 14" new beat hi hats, 21" ride, 16" medium crash and a 17" (I think) paper thin crash mounted from the tom holder.

4. NO KIT TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgit View Post
    I went along to the big band rehearsal, they liked what they heard and will invite me back for more so that's great news. I hadn't played swing time for nearly 30 years and have a few things to practice. I saw a Natal Arcadia Birch Jazz/Bop kit for sale locally, in a great colour and at a very good price, so picked it up on Thursday. I think it looks really cool. Its hardly been played, I tore it down, dusted it and put the heads back on and tuned them a bit. It doesn't sound half bad even with the stock UT heads so will keep these on for a while, may be change them for UV1s and an EMAD on the bass. We'll see.

I'm using my old 30+ year old cymbals at the moment: 14" new beat hi hats, 21" ride, 16" medium crash and a 17" (I think) paper thin crash mounted from the tom holder.

Great little setup, can't go wrong with that. I've used 18" bass drums in every situation from small function, rehearsals, rock gig and outdoor festivals, it's perfect anywhere and surprises every sound engineer I meet (they all joke that they assumed it was the floor tom, but get a mighty shock when the beater hits the batter head)
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

5. Registered User

HaHa my SRX floor tom is actually bigger (deeper) than that bass drum.