Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CUZNRED View Post
    How do you get the 10 and the 12 to open up?
    I use Emporer Coated on top of both with Renaissance Ambassador on the bottoms and they sound great. However, it may just be the sound I like.

You might have different expectations. It always going to be personal taste, to a degree.
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    I Like that Natural Maple finish!
    I agree on the natural maple finish. Beautiful for sure! I had an MMX kit back in the 90s in the 4 ply version. The shells were really warm and resonant and had a great sound for small rooms and if miked up but unfortunately they didn't have enough horsepower for outdoor gigs which I was doing a lot of at the time so I regretfully sold them. My Yammy MCs were also in this finish. AWESOME drums that I wish I had kept (if they weren't so heavy to schlep to gigs!)
    10 pc. Pearl Session Series SRX in #125 Teal lacquer. 4pc Tama Superstar classic maple kit in Silver Snow metallic lacquer. Zildjian Custom A 14" Projection hats, 17"Projection crash, 18" Sabian AAXplosion crash and 20"Sabian AA Rock ride. Tama Iron Cobra pedal/hi-hat, Pearl hardware.

3. Looks That Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Niteclub View Post
    I agree on the natural maple finish. Beautiful for sure! I had an MMX kit back in the 90s in the 4 ply version. The shells were really warm and resonant and had a great sound for small rooms and if miked up but unfortunately they didn't have enough horsepower for outdoor gigs which I was doing a lot of at the time so I regretfully sold them. My Yammy MCs were also in this finish. AWESOME drums that I wish I had kept (if they weren't so heavy to schlep to gigs!)
    I miss the Yamaha mc/s
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Bombay Sparkle
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Natural
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Black
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black