Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. ...A mind like Water...

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgit View Post
    I have a black mist SRX, pretty much the same finish as carbon mist I believe, and I've not found any finish that I would rather have. Although diamond burst is quite nice.

Attachment 510783
    Beautiful! Can't get classier than that!
    SELLING: Pearl Session Custom Maple (SMX) Marine Blue Fade - Near mint - 10x8, 12x9, 16x16, 22x18 - PM me for details!

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Sentiment View Post
    Technically my MMX has a ding or two, but more like tiny tiny tiny scuffs that are very few and far between and very hard to find unless you're a foot away. The Ex Navy Seal who owned these babies treated them with the UTMOST respect!
    Sorry to derail your thread, sweet kit. I wasn't trying to change your mind, rather just agreeing with Mitch. Enjoy your new drums.

Mapex Saturn IV 10 12 14 20 red blue hybrid sparkle for sale pm me.

3. ...A mind like Water...

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Sorry to derail your thread, sweet kit. I wasn't trying to change your mind, rather just agreeing with Mitch. Enjoy your new drums.
    Don't be sorry, I realize that you guys have a lot of truth in those statements, but I just can't bring myself to do it. My mind looks at things differently, and sometimes I feel bad about it!
    SELLING: Pearl Session Custom Maple (SMX) Marine Blue Fade - Near mint - 10x8, 12x9, 16x16, 22x18 - PM me for details!

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Sentiment View Post
    Guys guys I totally get what you are saying and I do not disagree. I just will not take your advice!

My SMX has dings on it and I am happy to throw more dings on it no problem. They are essentially Master's shells.

My Black Carbon Mist SMX I paid $300.00 in NY upstate when I was on my way home from seeing my in-laws in NJ. This was my other amazing deal on a Pearl kit. It belonged to a below stage drummer for Broadway shows.

10x8,
    12x9,
    14x14
    20x16
    (13x10) Masters Tom picture but has been sold last year

Whereas the MMX is
    12x9
    13x10
    16x16
    22x18

The SMX is SMALL, easy to transport and goes with everything, so that's why I also chose my SMX kit. Plus, the shows I'm gonna play are never gonna be worth needing such a work of art as my MMX kit.

This is also why I am now selling my MARINE BLUE FADE SMX kit. It is gorgeous, and even nicer than my Black SMX, but it's bigger and more cumbersome to transport, I get it, not by much, but enough to make me realize it's not worth having the bigger kit for gigging/recording. My MBF SMX is 10x8, 12x9, 16x16 and 22x18, listed in my sig for sale.

I still flipping can't believe I own one now. OMG....
    Where are your in-laws in N.J.?
    Way Too Much Crap

5. ...A mind like Water...

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Where are your in-laws in N.J.?
    South Plainfield