Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 529 to 540 of 827
  1. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    It's been a rough go for the rockers for a while. It started with my wife's grandma dying and then her uncle dying. He was a Vietnam veteran and his second wife had him out and about when he shouldn't have been. Slipped and fell on ice, broke his neck and died at the hospital. Then my mom had two mini strokes at the emergency room. Stayed in the hospital for a week and a week in a nursing home for rehabilitation. They released her to go home yesterday. My brother stop to check on her today and he said " if she hadn't said " help me get up" he wouldn't have saw her" she was wearing a white shirt and laying in the snow. Out side because she wanted to hang some cloths on the line. It's freaking 17 degrees here with a wind chill of -life!

    So now we have to decide if we are gonna sell her home and get her an senior apartment ( and they are less than a block from my home ) or if she'll have to go to assisted living.

    She had a back surgery 6 months ago and when recovering in that hospital they about O.D. on a pain med she's allergic to. She hasn't been the same since. I've heard that putting advanced aged people under for surgery can bring on dementia.

    Life is precious and all we have is our health. Nothing else really matters. Cheers to all.
    Jesus dude! Sorry to hear that all that’s happened. Be tough and hang in there.
    Way Too Much Crap

  2. Chomp, Chomp

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    6,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    It's been a rough go for the rockers for a while. It started with my wife's grandma dying and then her uncle dying. He was a Vietnam veteran and his second wife had him out and about when he shouldn't have been. Slipped and fell on ice, broke his neck and died at the hospital. Then my mom had two mini strokes at the emergency room. Stayed in the hospital for a week and a week in a nursing home for rehabilitation. They released her to go home yesterday. My brother stop to check on her today and he said " if she hadn't said " help me get up" he wouldn't have saw her" she was wearing a white shirt and laying in the snow. Out side because she wanted to hang some cloths on the line. It's freaking 17 degrees here with a wind chill of -life!

    So now we have to decide if we are gonna sell her home and get her an senior apartment ( and they are less than a block from my home ) or if she'll have to go to assisted living.

    She had a back surgery 6 months ago and when recovering in that hospital they about O.D. on a pain med she's allergic to. She hasn't been the same since. I've heard that putting advanced aged people under for surgery can bring on dementia.

    Life is precious and all we have is our health. Nothing else really matters. Cheers to all.
    Sorry to hear all of that. Hopefully the rest of 2019 will be much better.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

    Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

  3. Banned

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Bloom County
    Posts
    8,757

    Default

    I'm late to the party on this as it came out last year, but has anyone else watched 'haunting of hill house' on netflix? Wife and I are 8 episodes in (out of 10) and its freakin brilliantly shot, good story, engrossing, and (weakly described) creepy. I recommend and give it 4 drumsticks out of a double pedal.

  4. Comrade Tim

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Russian Annex, North America
    Posts
    3,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opus138 View Post
    I'm late to the party on this as it came out last year, but has anyone else watched 'haunting of hill house' on netflix? Wife and I are 8 episodes in (out of 10) and its freakin brilliantly shot, good story, engrossing, and (weakly described) creepy. I recommend and give it 4 drumsticks out of a double pedal.
    Wait.....don't I know you.....? Your username is vaguely familiar.....

    Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

  5. Banned

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Bloom County
    Posts
    8,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Wait.....don't I know you.....? Your username is vaguely familiar.....
    You know nuhsing....

  6. Comrade Tim

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Russian Annex, North America
    Posts
    3,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opus138 View Post
    You know nuhsing....
    Name:  olasky_83.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  94.0 KB

    Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

  7. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,393

    Default

    Clink rules. I LOVED how subversive that show was.
    Way Too Much Crap

  8. More beer.

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    A little late, but two years since our album was released. Wow, how time flies! Oh and if anyone wants to listen:

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DFNBP4kMSRs

  9. life start at 125bpm

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canadrums,nesting up in the mountains
    Posts
    11,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    A little late, but two years since our album was released. Wow, how time flies! Oh and if anyone wants to listen:

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DFNBP4kMSRs

    like it...some iron maiden scent in there caused by the guitar sound and singer....the guitar patterns gives this strong reminescence to it.not that it is bad in any ways,just that it was obvious to me right from the start.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's



    WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Even if it wasn't during the Super Bowl we'd drag our feet about going. Weddings for people you're not close to are a bummer. The bride comes from one of those families that wasn't allowed to watch television and were home schooled. She's my wife's cousin so we're obligated to be there, even if they're also racist and there will be more cowboy boots and un-tucked shirts than you can shake a stick at.

    Honestly, that last part is what I should have complained about first haha
    So we went to this wedding and it was the bummer we expected it to be. There were far fewer un-tucked shirts than I expected and the ratty caps and cowboy hats didn't make an appearance until after dinner. There were plenty of blue jeans. A huge venue for a small crowd, no one dancing, an hour-long drive both ways for my wife and me, and 75% of the guests were 70+.

    I've only been to one or two weddings that didn't totally blow. l hope people didn't think our wedding sucked.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"



    "Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

  11. Experienced Noob

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Between Two Legs
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    I've only been to one or two weddings that didn't totally blow. l hope people didn't think our wedding sucked.
    Not to burst your bubble, but it did. They all do, no matter the level of effort taken to prevent it. The only question is how bad a wedding will be. This handy device is used to measure how bad a wedding is:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,158

    Default

    Rats. Well at least ours wasn't in a barn in the middle of nowhere like every single wedding in Texas, and at least people had an endless selection of hotels to choose from since our wedding was in the city, instead of one hotel that gouges you because they know there's no other hotel for another 15 miles.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"



    "Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •