Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
  1. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    I think when you do the remote start, the heated seats and steering wheel automatically turn on if it's cold outside.
    Yep... or you can turn that feature off... of course, I leave it on... because I'm old and cold
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

My favorite show of all time is actually coming back. A two hour movie is being made at this moment to sum up what was cut short. #deadwoodreturns

Name:  BA3CF8DB-AF22-48C0-A051-2E6174DFB9E8.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  21.7 KB

3. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

DUI - Drumming Under the Influence

https://youtu.be/rJfojhVoBLw

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    My favorite show of all time is actually coming back. A two hour movie is being made at this moment to sum up what was cut short. #deadwoodreturns

Vive La Deadwood!!

Mapex Saturn IV 10 12 14 20 red blue hybrid sparkle for sale pm me.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post

Very interested to see how they pick up and build on the established storylines and characters. While still making it accessible for first-time viewers who may not know the show or backstories.
    Curious how they will handle the age gap between the show and the movie... and of course the absence of Powers Boothe.

6. KCCO

Heated seats in Houston?????
    Drum Workshop 6 Piece Collectors Series in Ruby Glass
    Various Snares
    Trick Pro 1V Double Pedal Black Widow Edition
    Motion Pro Throne

Roland TD 50 KV
    Trick Pro 1V Double Pedal Black Widow Edition
    Ahead Spinal Glide Throne

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Up2Speed View Post
    Heated seats in Houston?????
    Of course. Houston is pure humidity, and during the winter it chills you to the bone.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

8. Comrade Tim

Zanzibar. Mercury’s to be exact. Discuss . :-p

Name:  A19598B6-B104-424F-A271-8A126B1FB8CF.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  51.0 KB

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Zanzibar. Mercury’s to be exact. Discuss . :-p

Name:  A19598B6-B104-424F-A271-8A126B1FB8CF.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  51.0 KB
    Wow. Looks gorgeous.

Freddie Mercury’s birthplace.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

This here has to be one of my favorite snare sounds of all time.

https://youtu.be/muhFxXce6nA

11. No Drum on Shabbas!!

Hey guys! It's been a while.

I've not been here in a while. I check in from time to time but I haven't really been posting. Here's a bit of an update if you are interested.

Greetings from a 42 year old Big King! Wow... I am old. Sticks4Drums old...
    I had a falling out with my long time indie rock/Dance rock band Skyline Hotel and decided to leave that band. We had too many disagreements about gigs and recording and participation and roles in the band etc. I decided it was best to end my tenure with them. Which I did and looking back it was the right decision.

I am still with my punk/rock band Rocket City Riot. We are in the process of writing and recording new material. So far things sound great. I can't wait until it's done.

I am still playing with my stoner rock/heavy blues band; Floodlore. We are finalizing the 3rd Chapter of our current work in progress. We've been on Hiatus since September as our bassist welcomed his 3rd child into the world. But we are finalizing Chapter 3 and we may have a gig lined up. I think we are going to live stream our practice this weekend if the weather holds, they are calling for snow.

Overall... I am doing less drum playing and gigging that I have been over the last 2 years. That has been both good and bad at the same time. I love playing gigs, but it's a time and money sink. I do not love playing for 5 people in a tiny bar. I do not enjoy loading and unloading gear up and down stair cases to play for 5 people and get paid 6 dollars. It's becoming harder to want to say yes to these gigs because I know the hassle involved. I'd love to get involved with a good solid cover band and play paying gigs for actual money and in front of people. Cover bands seemed to have become the norm here in the DC area and they can make good money playing at all the new wineries and breweries that are in the DC metro area and surrounding areas.

Now for me... I've been going through some health issues. It's now become the time of my life where I need to start managing my health and I can't just ignore it and do whatever I want anymore. Over the last 6 years my weight has come back. I need to get back into the gym and i've started dieting to begin the process. I have also been diagnosed with severe anxiety disorder and bi-polarism and depression. I am currently undergoing regular therapy and I am taking medicines to help deal with this. Part of constant hi-anxiety is high blood pressure, so I am also now taking medicine to help with my high blood pressure. Again... loosing 30-50 pounds would really help in that department. I've learned a lot about who I am in 2018 and I am trying to become a better person to everyone around me but also to myself. I am doing much better. the therapy and medicine has really been helping. I still have bad days here and there, but they are fewer and fewer now. This is not something I can fix in a day or a week. It takes months and years. I've started the journey which is the hardest part.

So that's pretty much it for now. I also moved this year. Back in October my landlord, who I was living with, suddenly decided to sell the house and I had only a few weeks to move out. I now live in a large basement room in a new townhouse near my work and things are going good. I hope you guys are doing good as well.

DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED

12. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Thanks for the update BK! Sounds like a challenging year behind you, and, perhaps, ahead (insofar as getting health back on track). I'm in the same boat health-wise, but about 10 years younger. So it isn't critical yet, but I need get active again after a troubling previous year.

Be sure to post some recordings—audio or video—of your bands' work when available!