Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Rats. Well at least ours wasn't in a barn in the middle of nowhere like every single wedding in Texas, and at least people had an endless selection of hotels to choose from since our wedding was in the city, instead of one hotel that gouges you because they know there's no other hotel for another 15 miles.
    This wedding was at Schrute Beet Farms?
    Way Too Much Crap

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

So we went to this wedding and it was the bummer we expected it to be. There were far fewer un-tucked shirts than I expected and the ratty caps and cowboy hats didn't make an appearance until after dinner. There were plenty of blue jeans. A huge venue for a small crowd, no one dancing, an hour-long drive both ways for my wife and me, and 75% of the guests were 70+.

I've only been to one or two weddings that didn't totally blow. l hope people didn't think our wedding sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Not to burst your bubble, but it did. They all do, no matter the level of effort taken to prevent it. The only question is how bad a wedding will be. This handy device is used to measure how bad a wedding is:
    Rats. Well at least ours wasn't in a barn in the middle of nowhere like every single wedding in Texas, and at least people had an endless selection of hotels to choose from since our wedding was in the city, instead of one hotel that gouges you because they know there's no other hotel for another 15 miles.
    Really? Iíve been to a lot of weddings and they all had something I truly enjoyed about them and was glad to be there. Iíve been to two that were rather bland as quite frankly, the couple just has no taste, but I enjoyed seeing all of the people nevertheless the less.

In fact, I mental list of the things I liked best; best wedding food, best ceremony, best entry to the reception, best speech, etc.

3. More beer.

Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    like it...some iron maiden scent in there caused by the guitar sound and singer....the guitar patterns gives this strong reminescence to it.not that it is bad in any ways,just that it was obvious to me right from the start.
    Thanks, Maiden is one of our biggest inspirations I think! I don't think there's anything bad about that either. These days we are no longer a trio - we have a bass player and the singer is playing guitar!

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Really? I’ve been to a lot of weddings and they all had something I truly enjoyed about them and was glad to be there. I’ve been to two that were rather bland as quite frankly, the couple just has no taste, but I enjoyed seeing all of the people nevertheless the less.

In fact, I mental list of the things I liked best; best wedding food, best ceremony, best entry to the reception, best speech, etc.
    Actually, my wedding was the ****. July 25, 1997. Seaside Heights. Coffee Talk on Ocean Ave. Handmade suit and dress. BANGING techno and dance music. Cops came. Amazing food. Vows with bits of Rush lyrics in them.

Most weddings DO suck (most folks have ZERO originally or desire to even TRY to be original) but every once in a while a couple comes along who bring their "A" Game.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. It's all about me...

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Actually, my wedding was the ****. July 25, 1997. Seaside Heights. Coffee Talk on Ocean Ave. Handmade suit and dress. BANGING techno and dance music. Cops came. Amazing food. Vows with bits of Rush lyrics in them.

Most weddings DO suck (most folks have ZERO originally or desire to even TRY to be original) but every once in a while a couple comes along who bring their "A" Game.
    Heh - our wedding was in Vegas on a roof top, with Elvis providing the music. The audience was the photographer, videographer, Elvis, and the officiant, with the the photog and Elvis as our witnesses. The reception was on Fremont street and lasted all....night....long.....

Name:  elvis.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  82.6 KB

Kit Pix
    Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

6. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Heh - our wedding was in Vegas on a roof top, with Elvis providing the music. The audience was the photographer, videographer, Elvis, and the officiant, with the the photog and Elvis as our witnesses. The reception was on Fremont street and lasted all....night....long.....

Name:  elvis.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  82.6 KB
    Nice! And duuuuuude... wow. Uh, congrats. Really. Very congrats.
    Way Too Much Crap

7. It's all about me...

Nice! And duuuuuude... wow. Uh, congrats. Really. Very congrats.
    Heh - thanks man - this was almost 4 years ago tho.... ;-) I think my point was weddings are what you make of them....whether attending or the happy couple... :P

Kit Pix
    Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

8. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Heh - thanks man - this was almost 4 years ago tho.... ;-) I think my point was weddings are what you make of them....whether attending or the happy couple... :P
    I hope my compliment came across. Didn’t want to be too obvious.
    Way Too Much Crap

9. It's all about me...

I hope my compliment came across. Didn’t want to be too obvious.
    It did.... I think exactly that every day.....Whoa.

Kit Pix

10. Registered User

I hope my compliment came across. Didnít want to be too obvious.
    I know right?
    That's a good Elvis impersonator.

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    I know right?
    That's a good Elvis impersonator.
    Yeah- the Elvis impersonator. That's the ticket.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. It's all about me...

Yeah- the Elvis impersonator. That's the ticket.
    I'm genuinely lol'ing....so is my wife.... :-P

Kit Pix