Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 745 to 756 of 827
  1. Banned

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Bloom County
    Posts
    8,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Or LSD..... Musicians do it all of the time.
    Name:  dock-ellis-d778fb93-9df3-4ca3-9326-477350f939c-resize-750.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  24.1 KB

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Serious question: how exactly does it “rule”?
    I love watching the battles between pitchers and batters. The control pitchers have is unreal. Every pitch a guy like Justin Verlander throws looks exactly the same until the last 25 feet before the batter. Watching guys like Mike Trout or Cody Bellinger fight off foul balls one after another until they put the ball in play is great. A 10-pitch at bat ending in a ground out is about more than the out, it's about all the times the batter fought off a strikeout and kept hope alive for another pitch, or when you know he was just out in front of the pitch he wanted and you have to wait and see if he gets another shot at it. It's no different than a drummer knowing when not to play. Not everything has to be a home run, which is why a lot of people find it boring.

    That's just one aspect. There's also defense and baserunning that all have their minutia that makes the game so interesting from pitch to pitch.

    A high-flying, high-scoring, high-stakes game to watch is game five of the 2017 World Series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZdlcTp56Hk

    It was the equivalent of the shootouts people love in college football, or like the NBA all-star game on grass.
    Last edited by TheElectricCompany; 04-09-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"



    "Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

  3. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    I love watching the battles between pitchers and batters. The control pitchers have is unreal. Every pitch a guy like Justin Verlander throws looks exactly the same until the last 25 feet before the batter. Watching guys like Mike Trout or Cody Bellinger fight off foul balls one after another until they put the ball in play is great. A 10-pitch at bat ending in a ground out is about more than the out, it's about all the times the batter fought off a strikeout and kept hope alive for another pitch, or when you know he was just out in front of the pitch he wanted and you have to wait and see if he gets another shot at it. It's no different than a drummer knowing when not to play. Not everything has to be a home run, which is why a lot of people find it boring.

    That's just one aspect. There's also defense and baserunning that all have their minutia that makes the game so interesting from pitch to pitch.

    A high-flying, high-scoring, high-stakes game to watch is game five of the 2017 World Series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZdlcTp56Hk

    It was the equivalent of the shootouts people love in college football, or like the NBA all-star game on grass.
    I actually like baseball a lot. I just love watching people lose their **** defending a sport.
    Way Too Much Crap

  4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I actually like baseball a lot. I just love watching people lose their **** defending a sport.

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,143

    Default

    Glad no one lost their **** then.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"



    "Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

  6. anti-shark cage?

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Orca
    Posts
    14,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I actually like baseball a lot. I just love watching people lose their **** defending a sport.
    Name:  2206i2.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  3.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Top quality humour should never be served in a spoon.

  7. anti-shark cage?

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Orca
    Posts
    14,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Thatís crazy. What year was that? What team did he play for?

    I probably told you guys this before, but my grandfather is in the Soccer Hall of Fame as a coach and author. Too bad soccer bores me.


    Is the story from my in yours as well?
    He played for the Yankees and Dodgers and then Pittsburgh. In the teens.
    When he got married, the Dodgers organization gave him this huge crystal punch bowl w glasses I have upstairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Top quality humour should never be served in a spoon.

  8. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    When he got married, the Dodgers organization gave him this huge crystal punch bowl w glasses I have upstairs.
    Got any pics? Not that I don't believe, I just have a mighty curiosity.

  9. anti-shark cage?

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Orca
    Posts
    14,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Got any pics? Not that I don't believe, I just have a mighty curiosity.
    Yeah, man. I'll take a pic. Gimme a min.
    I think you've seen my GGF and me side-by-side in pics. Kinda cray.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Top quality humour should never be served in a spoon.

  10. anti-shark cage?

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Orca
    Posts
    14,283

    Default

    Name:  IMG_2263.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  81.0 KB

    the candle sticks are just there with the bowl and glasses. not part of the deal. This would have been around spring training 1912 when they got married. They were in NY when the Titanic went down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Top quality humour should never be served in a spoon.

  11. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    the candle sticks are just there with the bowl and glasses. not part of the deal. This would have been around spring training 1912 when they got married. They were in NY when the Titanic went down.
    That is an impressive punch bowl. The Dodgers certainly had some taste. Heck of a wedding gift.

  12. anti-shark cage?

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Orca
    Posts
    14,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    That is an impressive punch bowl. The Dodgers certainly had some taste. Heck of a wedding gift.
    Yeah!
    Crazy to think its 107 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Top quality humour should never be served in a spoon.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •