Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I read in this book as a kid ....

Cool. I was a puck head, even as a kid. So my version of your book...

2. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

That is one dapper goalie.

3. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Have you ever taken a calculus class? Its actually really cool!
    I'm actually really bad at math or just about any linear concept. I'm a word guy. So, no- calculus would not be fun for me.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Yeah! Very cool.
    My great grandfather is in the Ky hall of fame.
    Now, Dale, this is a true story. My great grandfather pitched against the Cubs one game and stayed in for 14 innings and drove in all the runs. They carried him off the field when the game was over. WHAT PITCH COUNT! haha wow.
    Thatís crazy. What year was that? What team did he play for?

I probably told you guys this before, but my grandfather is in the Soccer Hall of Fame as a coach and author. Too bad soccer bores me.

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    Cool. I was a puck head, even as a kid. So my version of your book...

Is the story from my in yours as well?

5. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    My mate is PIIIIISSSSED!!!!
    Well, I was unable to drive, but I wouldn't say I was fully gone. Little tipsy perhaps. Ok maybe a bit wobbly too...

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    ďAfter silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.Ē
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

6. Registered User

7. Registered User

Is the story from my in yours as well?
    Nope. I knew the game originated with a ball and that pucks were introduced in the mid- to late 1800's. But no clue why that change was made.

8. Rogue Ex-Mod

Being a left handed thrower, I joke with my friend itís his fault why Iím not a millionaire by now. He always wanted to be the pitcher, so I became a left handed catcher. If we only switched roles.

Baseball is the greatest game ever. Itís not for the average folk of today who have the attention span and patience of a three year old.
    That's an interesting take. Baseball was my favorite sport as a kid, probably until I was 10 or 12 when it was replaced by basketball. Once I understood football later in life, that became far and away my favorite sport. Now I barely watch baseball but it has nothing to do with attention span, I just don't find any of it to be as remarkable and thrilling as football. I'll always watch the Cubs, but it's still basketball season for me, so I'll get to that later this year.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

9. Rogue Ex-Mod

Itís the only team sport where there is no clock. If you are behind in the final inning by 10 runs, you still have an opportunity to catch up. Less than 2 minutes in a similar comparable circumstance, it is actually possible to catch up and win.

Other than the DH, which was created to possibly attract people like yourself, a person who has no real interest in the game anyway, the rules that actually affect the game of play have not changed almost since its inception.

Itís a game where every team beats each other 33% of the time.

The pace of play is relaxing and it allows you the time to appreciate all of the little nuances in not just the game, but the players themselves.

One player canít carry the entire team. You cannot give the ball to the best player every time to score.

Ask any athlete and they will tell you hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in any sport. You fail 70% of the time and you belong in the HOF.

Itís the only sport where you can compare players from eras a 100 years apart an get an accurate outlook how it is they would have performed against or with one another.

Thereís an exuberant amount of history, both good & bad, that has been a part of America since the civil war.
    Changes to equipment and the Steroid Era have totally destroyed the history and legacy of the game and made it impossible to compare players from different eras. I mean, you CAN compare Barry Bonds to a guy who played 100 years ago but I don't know what you think you're going to prove.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

10. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood View Post
    Changes to equipment and the Steroid Era have totally destroyed the history and legacy of the game and made it impossible to compare players from different eras. I mean, you CAN compare Barry Bonds to a guy who played 100 years ago but I don't know what you think you're going to prove.
    Any game that can be played high on coke or drunk while smoking Marlboro 100’s in the clubhouse is suspect.
    Way Too Much Crap

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood View Post
    I agree if you’re looking at strictly collective stats. Statistics like OPS+, ERA+, BA with runners in scoring position, and wRC.

12. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Any game that can be played high on coke or drunk while smoking Marlboro 100’s in the clubhouse is suspect.

Or LSD..... Musicians do it all of the time.