Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
  1. It's all about me...

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    To accommodate your maddeningly different-sized kicks?
    Ohhh....but it's just bad ***.....

Kit Pix
    Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

2. More beer.

Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway

Played a gig last weekend with my band. A little too fast but it went pretty ok. One of the songs: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=Pxef7dL8kXc

3. Experienced Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Played a gig last weekend with my band. A little too fast but it went pretty ok. One of the songs: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=Pxef7dL8kXc
    I really like the chorus on this one. It has a very Megadeth feel to it. I also liked the riff that comes in after the guitar solo. That hit really hard. Thanks for sharing.

4. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    I really like the chorus on this one. It has a very Megadeth feel to it. I also liked the riff that comes in after the guitar solo. That hit really hard. Thanks for sharing.
    As soon as I read "Megadeth" I had to take a looksie... and I really like the chorus as well.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

5. More beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Thanks guys, nice to hear some good feedback! I love the song myself and I think it's a great one. The drums are Exports, DW pedals, sabian/zildjian cymabls (mega bell ride, z custom!).

Thanks Matt! \m/

You guys should listen to our other videos (the album is also on youtube), and spotify! Dropping new music really soon!

6. NO KIT TOO BIG

RIP Hal Blaine, loss of a true legend.

Hal Blaine - loving father of Michelle Blaine; grandfather of Anthony, Josh, Aaron, Whitney, Tempest, Ever and Lyryk; and inspiration to countless friends, fans and musicians - has passed on today, March 11th, 2019 at the age of 90. May he rest forever on 2 and 4. The family appreciates your outpouring of support and prayers that have been extended to Hal from around the world, and respectfully request privacy in this time of great mourning. No further details will be released at this time.

(From Hal's Facebook page)

Name:  A-229494-1447749171-1415.jpeg.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  79.8 KB
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    RIP Hal Blaine, loss of a true legend.

Hal Blaine - loving father of Michelle Blaine; grandfather of Anthony, Josh, Aaron, Whitney, Tempest, Ever and Lyryk; and inspiration to countless friends, fans and musicians - has passed on today, March 11th, 2019 at the age of 90. May he rest forever on 2 and 4. The family appreciates your outpouring of support and prayers that have been extended to Hal from around the world, and respectfully request privacy in this time of great mourning. No further details will be released at this time.

(From Hal's Facebook page)

Name:  A-229494-1447749171-1415.jpeg.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  79.8 KB
    One of the greats on countless amounts of recordings! RIP Hal!

8. Drumming Since 1943

Wow. A true legend. That man is on more hit records than probably anyone in the history of recorded music.
    90’s a good long run though!
    Way Too Much Crap

9. More beer.

Just released a new song on Spotify. Hope you like this!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

10. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Just released a new song on Spotify. Hope you like this!
    Good tunes, bro. Takes me back to high school.

11. More beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Good tunes, bro. Takes me back to high school.
    Thanks, man! Glad you like it, feel free to share!

12. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Wow. A true legend. That man is on more hit records than probably anyone in the history of recorded music.
    90’s a good long run though!
    I have to say, I was shocked to come on here and see there wasn't a thread for this. We've had many threads for FAR less important drummers in the past. I don't know if that's just the decline of the PDF or what.

I think Hal was one of the most important and influential drummers ever. I've been listening to him since birth although I'll admit I was in college before I fully understood just how often I had heard him on various albums. One of the things I always think of is the time I picked up a Mamas & Papas collection and I popped it in without really thinking and after a few songs it occurs to me "This drumming is SO good... this has to be Hal Blaine, no way is this just some random 60s guy with musical chops like this..." and sure enough, it was. One of the most tasteful, musical, intelligent drummers I've ever heard. I'm glad he lived a long and successful life.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth