Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
  1. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Quote Originally Posted by opus138 View Post
    Saw this old ad for a, I kid you not, Pearl DR100L ICON Double Bass Conversion Drum Rack Leg.

(the ad)

Now, while the DR100L is not actually in that photo, this is one of the better product ads Pearl has released. Kudos.

Attachment 513027
    She looks like a centaur, but with drums on the lower half rather than a horse.

2. Registered User

Does she give lessons????

3. It's all about me...

Saw this old ad for a, I kid you not, Pearl DR100L ICON Double Bass Conversion Drum Rack Leg.

(the ad)

Now, while the DR100L is not actually in that photo, this is one of the better product ads Pearl has released. Kudos.

Attachment 513027
    I actually want to see the rest of the rack.....

THE DRUM RACK YOU PERVERTS.

Kit Pix
    Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

4. Registered User

Am I the only one who thinks "cool chicks" in black and leather is super unattractive?
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

5. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    She looks like a centaur, but with drums on the lower half rather than a horse.
    Name:  pun.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  72.7 KB

6. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

MUST...NOT...BE...TEMPTED...INTO...PUN...RESPONSE. ..
    Do it.

7. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    I actually want to see the rest of the rack.....
    I'm looking -- it appears to be a matte black MMP, so if I'm not mistaken that's a european kit, so harder to find the source material.

Edit: best I can do-- doesn't have the goofy over-the-top square bars, but shows the DR100L & R--

Name:  DR100L.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  60.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks "cool chicks" in black and leather is super unattractive?
    I'm sure you're not alone, but I'm not in that group.
    Last edited by opus138; 03-07-2019 at 11:27 AM.

8. Drumming Since 1943

I'm looking -- it appears to be a matte black MMP, so if I'm not mistaken that's a european kit, so harder to find the source material.

Edit: best I can do-- doesn't have the goofy over-the-top square bars, but shows the DR100L & R--

Name:  DR100L.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  60.9 KB

I'm sure you're not alone, but I'm not in that group.
    THAT’S the kit? What about the two little doohickies on the ends toward the front?
    Way Too Much Crap

9. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    THAT’S the kit? What about the two little doohickies on the ends toward the front?
    No, it's different than the one in the add. But it shows the DR100's.

10. Drumming Since 1943

Is the main lateral bar longer than what I have as all my curved bars? I tried to stretch one of them across my two kicks and it wasn’t even CLOSE to being long enough (that’s what she said).
    Way Too Much Crap

11. It's all about me...

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Is the main lateral bar longer than what I have as all my curved bars? I tried to stretch one of them across my two kicks and it wasn’t even CLOSE to being long enough (that’s what she said).
    If you look the bar doesn't extend that far maybe a little over 2/3 the way over each kick then they use a couple of RJ100's to bring in and allow the side rails to take the weight (coupled with Opus's aforementioned DR100's and a PCX100 as close to the kicks as they can get it). Plus those kicks are pretty close together compared with some setups....

I could do this easily with mine, but I have another idea in mind for my setup, just waiting for availability of the new rack bits...

Kit Pix
    Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

12. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    If you look the bar doesn't extend that far maybe a little over 2/3 the way over each kick then they use a couple of RJ100's to bring in and allow the side rails to take the weight (coupled with Opus's aforementioned DR100's and a PCX100 as close to the kicks as they can get it). Plus those kicks are pretty close together compared with some setups....

I could do this easily with mine, but I have another idea in mind for my setup, just waiting for availability of the new rack bits...
    To accommodate your maddeningly different-sized kicks?
    Way Too Much Crap