Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 493 to 504 of 827
  1. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    The Texas high school football championships were this week. The final game of the season was decided on a Hail Mary. It was incredible. High school ball will forever beat college and the NFL for me.

    https://www.foxsports.com/southwest/video/1405652035943
    You Texas folks are crazy about your high school football, wow. My high school was crazy, the team won 3 state championships in 10yrs and had 4 guys play in the NFL from that same period, but it sounds like it was nothing compared to what you have.

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Sounds like the family has some head injuries as well.
    You mean for scheduling a wedding on Super Bowl Sunday?

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    You Texas folks are crazy about your high school football, wow. My high school was crazy, the team won 3 state championships in 10yrs and had 4 guys play in the NFL from that same period, but it sounds like it was nothing compared to what you have.
    Was that in the northeast? There's always a lot of love for teams from up there in the national rankings, even though it's silly to rank high school teams on a national scale. The team that won that game I posted has been named national champs by one major national high school sports outlet.

    The school I went to, Katy, has won eight championships, the first in 1959 and the other seven have come since 1997. They've been the bell cow of Texas high school football since the mid '90s but they don't have many players go on to D1 college ball (or even make an impact), let alone the pros. It's a ton of fun to follow the sport. The stadiums and the crowds are huge and the sport is played at the absolute top level as far as high school goes. I would take a Katy state championship over a Texans or Astros championship, and I wouldn't even have to think about it.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"



    "Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,126

    Default

    I just did the most can-I-speak-to-a-manager thing I've ever done. In one of the state championship games a player for Longview high school grabbed the face mask of a guy after the play and twisted his helmet completely around on his head. Later in the game the same Longview player came off the sideline after a play that got chippy and headbutted another player from behind. The kid was a totally dirty player. A viscous, ****heel of a punk.

    So I emailed the entire coaching staff of the school. I'm sure they already know what happened and I'm sure they will handle it in-house, but I keep seeing replays of it and I can't bear to see the sport represented that way on such a big stage, so I let them know. Neither play was penalized, and I've seen the guy on Twitter and he's just LOVING the attention and being a prick about it, along with his mom sticking up for him which is a real bad look. Yeah, he's a kid, but he needs to be taken down a peg.

    Edit: I was very respectful, not preachy and not shrieking that this kid be kicked out of the program.
    Last edited by TheElectricCompany; 12-24-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"



    "Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

  5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Was that in the northeast? There's always a lot of love for teams from up there in the national rankings, even though it's silly to rank high school teams on a national scale. The team that won that game I posted has been named national champs by one major national high school sports outlet.

    The school I went to, Katy, has won eight championships, the first in 1959 and the other seven have come since 1997. They've been the bell cow of Texas high school football since the mid '90s but they don't have many players go on to D1 college ball (or even make an impact), let alone the pros. It's a ton of fun to follow the sport. The stadiums and the crowds are huge and the sport is played at the absolute top level as far as high school goes. I would take a Katy state championship over a Texans or Astros championship, and I wouldn't even have to think about it.
    Yes, Cherokee High School in Marlton, NJ.

    Football championships:
    State champions:

    South Jersey Group III - 1981, 1982

    South Jersey Group IV - 1985, 1990, 1993, 2005, 2009, 2010

    South Jersey Group V - 2013, 2014

    Undefeated Seasons: 1981, 1982, 1985, 2010

    state champions: 2008

    NFL Players & Coaches:

    Randy Brown (born 1967), served as a kicking coach for the Chicago Bears and the Philadelphia Eagles.

    Mike Devlin (born 1969, class of 1988), NFL football player/coach now with the Houston Texans as the offensive line coach.

    Doug Easlick (born 1980), NFL fullback who played for the Miami Dolphins and Cincinnati Bengals.

    Tom Knight (born 1974, class of 1992), NFL football player Arizona Cardinals, New England Patriots, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

    Dennis Norman (born 1980), former NFL football player with the San Diego Chargers.

    AND.....as bonus, Nicole Wood- Playboy Playmate/Ms. April 1994

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Yes, Cherokee High School in Marlton, NJ.

    Football championships:
    State champions:

    South Jersey Group III - 1981, 1982

    South Jersey Group IV - 1985, 1990, 1993, 2005, 2009, 2010

    South Jersey Group V - 2013, 2014

    Undefeated Seasons: 1981, 1982, 1985, 2010

    state champions: 2008

    NFL Players & Coaches:

    Randy Brown (born 1967), served as a kicking coach for the Chicago Bears and the Philadelphia Eagles.

    Mike Devlin (born 1969, class of 1988), NFL football player/coach now with the Houston Texans as the offensive line coach.

    Doug Easlick (born 1980), NFL fullback who played for the Miami Dolphins and Cincinnati Bengals.

    Tom Knight (born 1974, class of 1992), NFL football player Arizona Cardinals, New England Patriots, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

    Dennis Norman (born 1980), former NFL football player with the San Diego Chargers.

    AND.....as bonus, Nicole Wood- Playboy Playmate/Ms. April 1994
    Hey, Mike Devlin!

    Katy's only sent a handful to the NFL and one to the CFL. Two offensive linemen had long careers and Cincy's Andy Dalton graduated in 2006 and Calgary's Bo Levi Mitchell (QB) graduated in 2008. Dalton has had a fine career and Mitchell is a 2-time Grey Cup winner and Grey Cup MVP in the CFL. He's also the current league MOP (MVP).
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"



    "Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

  7. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Hey, Mike Devlin!

    Katy's only sent a handful to the NFL and one to the CFL. Two offensive linemen had long careers and Cincy's Andy Dalton graduated in 2006 and Calgary's Bo Levi Mitchell (QB) graduated in 2008. Dalton has had a fine career and Mitchell is a 2-time Grey Cup winner and Grey Cup MVP in the CFL. He's also the current league MOP (MVP).
    Katy also produced one of the greatest rock bands in history- the mighty KING’S X.
    Way Too Much Crap

  8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Hey, Mike Devlin!

    Katy's only sent a handful to the NFL and one to the CFL. Two offensive linemen had long careers and Cincy's Andy Dalton graduated in 2006 and Calgary's Bo Levi Mitchell (QB) graduated in 2008. Dalton has had a fine career and Mitchell is a 2-time Grey Cup winner and Grey Cup MVP in the CFL. He's also the current league MOP (MVP).
    Devlin was there when I was. I remember them saying that he was NFL size in high school. He was the long snapper for the Bills during their Super Bowl era.

  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,126

    Default

    Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

    Our stolen car was never found and after three weeks State Farm finally notified us they were going to total it. They're giving us nearly $5k, which is unbelievable. The car would have never sold for that much and although it was reliable I doubt it would have lived long enough for us to save that much money on our own.

    We're using the insurance money as a down payment on a 2016 Subraru Outback. It's a Limited so it's got all the bells and whistles my wife was hoping for, namely heated seats. It also has very good safety ratings and an air of reliability, so fingers crossed because it will not have a warranty.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"



    "Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

  10. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    We're using the insurance money as a down payment on a 2016 Subraru Outback. It's a Limited so it's got all the bells and whistles my wife was hoping for, namely heated seats. It also has very good safety ratings and an air of reliability, so fingers crossed because it will not have a warranty.
    Heated seats and steering wheel are a must for me; I'm spoiled from having some really nice cars. I was pleasantly surprised to find out my new vehicle, despite being a lower trim level, has heated seats and steering wheel that are automatically activated by the outside temperature... LOVE IT! We call it "toasted *****"
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Heated seats and steering wheel are a must for me; I'm spoiled from having some really nice cars. I was pleasantly surprised to find out my new vehicle, despite being a lower trim level, has heated seats and steering wheel that are automatically activated by the outside temperature... LOVE IT! We call it "toasted *****"
    My truck has heated seats.
    I've never used them.
    That is I've never used them for their proper intentions.
    What you do is you turn the passenger's seat on when they're not looking, and laugh when they get hot all of a sudden.

    That new Ram I test drove a few weeks ago had the heated seats and steering wheel.
    I think when you do the remote start, the heated seats and steering wheel automatically turn on if it's cold outside.

  12. Banned

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Bloom County
    Posts
    8,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    My truck has heated seats.
    I've never used them.
    You don't say...
    Name:  dex.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  17.1 KB

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •