Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast
  1. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    And he didn’t like touring when he was in his 30’s and totally healthy. He’s been suffering with tendonitis since at least the Counterparts tour. I recall seeing him with a pressure band on his right arm while he played. Add another almost 20 years onto that. He must’ve been in agony for the last couple of tours. I know I was In agony listening to Geddy’s voice on those last couple of tours...

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Even if it wasn't during the Super Bowl we'd drag our feet about going. Weddings for people you're not close to are a bummer. The bride comes from one of those families that wasn't allowed to watch television and were home schooled. She's my wife's cousin so we're obligated to be there, even if they're also racist and there will be more cowboy boots and un-tucked shirts than you can shake a stick at.

Honestly, that last part is what I should have complained about first haha

What kind of Texan allows his fiancee to schedule their wedding on Super Bowl Sunday? I thought football was a religion in Texas.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    on the other hand,it now leaves the door completely wide open for a new drummer ,for lee and lifeson. not sure about their contractual arrangement , but i'm wondering if this couldn't be a new start for rush? like dream theatre did with the mangini-portnoy swap?

i'm sure rush could still live well without neil peart.
    With all due respect to John Rutsey, RUSH is Alex, Geddy and Neil.

If Alex and Geddy want to continue to record together, please have the decency to call it something other than RUSH.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    What kind of Texan allows his fiancee to schedule their wedding on Super Bowl Sunday? I thought football was a religion in Texas.
    The kind of guy who wears a Blue Lives Matter baseball cap in his engagement photos, apparently...
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

5. Drumming Since 1943

The kind of guy who wears a Blue Lives Matter baseball cap in his engagement photos, apparently...
    I'm a cop and I find that BLM crap borderline offensive. It's a divider instead of a uniter.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Registered User

I'm a cop and I find that BLM crap borderline offensive. It's a divider instead of a uniter.
    Exactly. It's meant to be exclusionary.

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

7. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

So I got the estimate done on my car from that hit and run. $1500 if the actual bumper doesn’t need replaced. Plus I have to pay my $500 deductible... what BS... at least my rates won’t change since I wasn’t “at fault” according to my insurance.

8. Registered User

Just found out a wedding we're going to in February is on Super Bowl Sunday. I know we can DVR the game, but as a form of protest I'd prefer we just not go.
    The players have so many head injuries, they won't remember the game, so why should you?!?

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    The players have so many head injuries, they won't remember the game, so why should you?!?
    Sounds like the family has some head injuries as well.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Registered User

11. life start at 125bpm

+1.

blue,or black.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

12. Registered User

The Texas high school football championships were this week. The final game of the season was decided on a Hail Mary. It was incredible. High school ball will forever beat college and the NFL for me.

https://www.foxsports.com/southwest/video/1405652035943