Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

I have no problem window shopping!

2. The Sensitone Guy

Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    I drove this 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 today.

Attachment 511738
    I have the same truck but a bit older: 1996! Hey.... It was paid off decades ago and still runs fine. I do get a little nervous at boat launches though and always keep my windows wide open.

3. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    What do you drive?
    Grand Cherokee Altitude
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

4. The Sensitone Guy

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    I have no problem window shopping!
    Window shopping is a gateway drug to purchasing.

5. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

I got effing rear ended on my way to work this morning. It was actually a 3 car accident, I stopped, the guy behind me stopped, but the truck behind him pushed the guy in the middle into me. Not really that bad of an accident but the A hole in the truck fled the scene before we could get his plate number. So yay for me!... now Iím fighting with the other guys insurance company because they said since itís a hit and run, they wonít cover my car.... WTF IS THAT?!?!?

Itíll get sorted out, I just needed to vent a bit. Itís a little ironic that I left a collision shop, and now I need to use my old shop lol. Good thing I left on good terms.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

6. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    I got effing rear ended on my way to work this morning. It was actually a 3 car accident, I stopped, the guy behind me stopped, but the truck behind him pushed the guy in the middle into me. Not really that bad of an accident but the A hole in the truck fled the scene before we could get his plate number. So yay for me!... now Iím fighting with the other guys insurance company because they said since itís a hit and run, they wonít cover my car.... WTF IS THAT?!?!?

Itíll get sorted out, I just needed to vent a bit. Itís a little ironic that I left a collision shop, and now I need to use my old shop lol. Good thing I left on good terms.
    Not sure how things run in PA, but that's bull****. You need to be super demonstrative with them. I assume you called police to the scene to take a report and give you a case #? If you run into a brick wall with the other guys' company, go through yours. Your rates'll probably go up but you'll get your car fixed up nice. And did you get checked out by an ambulance? Oftentimes, people in low-speed rear-end collisions decline medical attention at the scene only to have neck or back pain the next day. Hope you and anyone else in the car are ok.

Also, when posting your vehicle online, it's a good idea to blur out your plate #. You'd be shocked at what information nefarious individuals can glean from it.
    Way Too Much Crap

7. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    And did you get checked out by an ambulance? Oftentimes, people in low-speed rear-end collisions decline medical attention at the scene only to have neck or back pain the next day. Hope you and anyone else in the car are ok.

Also, when posting your vehicle online, it's a good idea to blur out your plate #. You'd be shocked at what information nefarious individuals can glean from it.
    this part of your post got a hit on me.it is so true.got to witness this phenom 1st hand. 20 years or so ,i made some top with a semi.when the van went on its way to fell on its side,it got the sling shot effect on the tractor.the 5th wheel being somehow ''flexible''' it kind of folded a little before the truck started to lift; once it started to lift, it kind of slamed on the tarmac very hard.i climbed along the transmission stick to exit by the passenger window .i was feeling 100% ok,just a little pain in my wrist because i tried to hang on the steering wheel when i realized i was going to get a ride on the top of the van.....police guys landed there,and the ambulance too.an officer was after me,asking me to climb in the ambulance,but i resisted saying i was ok.....but he kept goin with it till i lost patience telling him to GTFY and leave me alone.

my GF went on the scene to pick me up so i can go home......it's then all kind of went havoc. when the adrenaline started to shut down the pain took relay to the point i got to go to the hospital. what i thought was nothing was 4 ribs broken clean,1 scaphoid broken,and a nearly dislocated shoulder.on the scene,i was 100%.once on my way, things revealed themself lol.

lesson learned. never ever refuse to see the med tech on a smash scene,especially when you're one of the crashers lol.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

8. KCCO

I own an insurance agency and I have dealt with this type of claim. State laws vary so I will relate what I know for my state.
    Upon reading your description of the incident this is how it would work here as well. The driver who fled the scene is the person at-fault and is liable to fix both cars. The driver directly behind you was not negligent so is in no way liable to repair your auto. If you turn this in to your company they will repair it and then the incident recorded in your loss history information and consider it an at-fault accident . That may impact your premium. Again state laws vary and how a particular carrier apply any surcharges.

JY is offering good advice. Pay close attention to any pain you may feel and get to a doctor even if you have even the slightest concerns.
    Last edited by Up2Speed; 12-12-2018 at 08:45 PM.
    Drum Workshop 6 Piece Collectors Series in Ruby Glass
    Various Snares
    Trick Pro 1V Double Pedal Black Widow Edition
    Motion Pro Throne

Roland TD 50 KV
    Trick Pro 1V Double Pedal Black Widow Edition
    Ahead Spinal Glide Throne

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Not sure how things run in PA, but that's bull****. You need to be super demonstrative with them. I assume you called police to the scene to take a report and give you a case #? If you run into a brick wall with the other guys' company, go through yours. Your rates'll probably go up but you'll get your car fixed up nice. And did you get checked out by an ambulance? Oftentimes, people in low-speed rear-end collisions decline medical attention at the scene only to have neck or back pain the next day. Hope you and anyone else in the car are ok.

Sorry to hear about your fender-bender, Fuller! That’s a total pain, especially at this time of year.

JY, if I gave you a plate for a car in Texas could you tell me the name of the miserable prick who drives it? Plate just says DVORCE.

I might have recounted the story here before but my wife and I were in a parking lot with this a-hole in front of us. He passed an empty parking spot and decided he wanted it after all, so he threw his 4Runner in reverse and gunned it as if there was no one else in the parking lot. He laid on his horn and kept letting off the brake to lurch backwards at us. We weren’t in his way so I didn’t move, and there was nowhere to go anyway. He eventually pulled forward and turned around, absolutely flying the whole time while keeping on the horn throughout. I parked and got out of my car, ready to rip his head off, but the guy never got out of the car. I didn’t stand around waiting for him or anything like that, but I was definitely yelling towards his car. Instead, he sent the small woman passenger into the restaurant where she stood in line behind us and kept her head down in embarrassment.

I’ve always wondered who the guy was. I can only imagine what a miserable, weak, loveless person he must be.
    Last edited by TheElectricCompany; 12-12-2018 at 08:26 PM.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

10. Registered User

I’m guessing this is the dude. He had a different style plate at the time (and not the same car), but it was definitely a Toyota. I once found a picture of the rear of his car online. Someone posted it on Twitter. You could see this decal in the photo that was posted, which was there the day we ran into him:

"Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

11. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    I got effing rear ended on my way to work this morning. It was actually a 3 car accident, I stopped, the guy behind me stopped, but the truck behind him pushed the guy in the middle into me. Not really that bad of an accident but the A hole in the truck fled the scene before we could get his plate number. So yay for me!... now I’m fighting with the other guys insurance company because they said since it’s a hit and run, they won’t cover my car.... WTF IS THAT?!?!?

It’ll get sorted out, I just needed to vent a bit. It’s a little ironic that I left a collision shop, and now I need to use my old shop lol. Good thing I left on good terms.
    I’ve been in the same situation, only I was the middle car. I’m not familiar with your area, but have you checked to see if there are any cameras in the area. It seems like there are cameras everywhere. Did you get a make, model, or color of the offender? It sure would be nice if you could nail this guy.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

12. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Sorry to hear about your fender-bender, Fuller! That’s a total pain, especially at this time of year.

JY, if I gave you a plate for a car in Texas could you tell me the name of the miserable prick who drives it? Plate just says DVORCE.

I might have recounted the story here before but my wife and I were in a parking lot with this a-hole in front of us. He passed an empty parking spot and decided he wanted it after all, so he threw his 4Runner in reverse and gunned it as if there was no one else in the parking lot. He laid on his horn and kept letting off the brake to lurch backwards at us. We weren’t in his way so I didn’t move, and there was nowhere to go anyway. He eventually pulled forward and turned around, absolutely flying the whole time while keeping on the horn throughout. I parked and got out of my car, ready to rip his head off, but the guy never got out of the car. I didn’t stand around waiting for him or anything like that, but I was definitely yelling towards his car. Instead, he sent the small woman passenger into the restaurant where she stood in line behind us and kept her head down in embarrassment.

I’ve always wondered who the guy was. I can only imagine what a miserable, weak, loveless person he must be.
    I cannot leagally do that. Sorry brother.
    Way Too Much Crap