Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    I've been dieting for just over a week and although I've probably not lost any weight, from looking at my stomach you'd think I'd lost over five pounds. Cutting out sodium and drinking plenty of water (1 gallon+ each day) has done wonders. It's completely flushed out all that water just sitting in my body that was trying to balance out the sodium levels. To top it off, my heartburn has completely disappeared.
    I also drink a gallon+ of water every day but flavored with hops and barley and stuff.....

2. Registered User

Saw KISS at TD Garden in Boston the other night. I have to say - I watched all the YouTube detective videos on Paul's lip syncing - didn't notice it at all live. He clearly sang a lot on his own. The truth is that is was an awesome show. Would it have been next-level great with Ace on guitar instead of Tommy - of course.

3. Registered User

Baseball is here! Astros and Rays starting any second now.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Happy Opening Day!

Name:  D0A7862A-3913-4DAB-9BE3-BF876874E8E8.jpeg
Views: 102
Size:  77.6 KB

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Happy Opening Day!

I heard y'all already booed him. Gotta love Philly sports. In that way he's in good company with Stanton who was probably booed in his first game in New York last season.

In a Business Insider article (of all places) there was a quote regarding Harper: It’s early in the season, but it’s not a good start, considering Harper’s 13-year deal doesn’t have any opt-outs.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

6. The Hardware Guy

It's 00:40 (Saturday) here, and I've drunk most of the bottle of a very nice Malbec (always drink responsibly). My advice to you, is stop what you're doing, put on Placebo's 1996 self-titled album, get to the end of the last song, and wait ten minutes. Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

7. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    It's 00:40 (Saturday) here, and I've drunk most of the bottle of a very nice Malbec (always drink responsibly). My advice to you, is stop what you're doing, put on Placebo's 1996 self-titled album, get to the end of the last song, and wait ten minutes. Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill
    My mate is PIIIIISSSSED!!!!
    Way Too Much Crap

8. PDF FF Champion 2014

'Sup guys. Recently did the most hipster thing and bought an Airstream trailer. I can't wait for the trips to come since we live in a great area to hit National Parks and other cool outdoors sites. And then my boss called and said there's a very strong chance I'll be in LA for a couple months this summer. I'm excited about exploring LA but yeesh, I just got this cool toy and want to use it as much as possible.

9. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    'Sup guys. Recently did the most hipster thing and bought an Airstream trailer. I can't wait for the trips to come since we live in a great area to hit National Parks and other cool outdoors sites. And then my boss called and said there's a very strong chance I'll be in LA for a couple months this summer. I'm excited about exploring LA but yeesh, I just got this cool toy and want to use it as much as possible.
    That’s a bummer. LA is somewhere you go when it’s cold everywhere else.

10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Question

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    I heard y'all already booed him. Gotta love Philly sports. In that way he's in good company with Stanton who was probably booed in his first game in New York last season.

In a Business Insider article (of all places) there was a quote regarding Harper: It’s early in the season, but it’s not a good start, considering Harper’s 13-year deal doesn’t have any opt-outs.
    62% of MLB players surveyed said Harper was the most overrated player in baseball.

Regardless of the money, which by year is less than expected, I can understand why he wanted to have a place to call home for the rest of his career. He needs the option of being a DH later in his career though. From the looks of it, the NL is pushing towards having one. We will see.

I would have still been happy with all of the great moves the Phillies made this offseason whether they got him or not. The problem is the pitching is in no position to bringing this team to the World Series and players have too small of a window with the team so it can catch up.

I did not want him. His attitude has turned me off since this homerun I saw him hit where he showed up a pitcher in the minors. He has been the “best” his entire life and until now, he’s not been told otherwise by the people closest to him. We will see if Philadelphia can humble him some. The way that contract went down, I do know Phillies expect a lot from him all things considered.

If you have not noticed, the way the process went with Harper and Machado this offseason, many players obviously didn’t like it as they jumped on extensions which in years past they wouldn’t have done it. They always wanted to test the free agent market.
    Last edited by dale w miller; 03-30-2019 at 05:23 AM.

11. anti-shark cage?

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Happy Opening Day!

I'm gonna go down to atlanta and see if I can get myself into the Braves' bullpen rotation.

Airstreams are so dope! Have fun in LA, but you-know, keep the door locked.
    Swing through Nashville?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

12. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

'Sup guys. Recently did the most hipster thing
    Not sure a beard is your thing.

and bought an Airstream trailer.
    Oooooh.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

| TAMA STARCLASSIC MAPLE | SABIAN & MEINL CYMBALS |

Former Pearl Customer