Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 697 to 708 of 800
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    I've been dieting for just over a week and although I've probably not lost any weight, from looking at my stomach you'd think I'd lost over five pounds. Cutting out sodium and drinking plenty of water (1 gallon+ each day) has done wonders. It's completely flushed out all that water just sitting in my body that was trying to balance out the sodium levels. To top it off, my heartburn has completely disappeared.
    I also drink a gallon+ of water every day but flavored with hops and barley and stuff.....

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Saw KISS at TD Garden in Boston the other night. I have to say - I watched all the YouTube detective videos on Paul's lip syncing - didn't notice it at all live. He clearly sang a lot on his own. The truth is that is was an awesome show. Would it have been next-level great with Ace on guitar instead of Tommy - of course.

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,106

    Default

    Baseball is here! Astros and Rays starting any second now.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"



    "Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

  4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,495

    Default

    Happy Opening Day!

    Name:  D0A7862A-3913-4DAB-9BE3-BF876874E8E8.jpeg
Views: 102
Size:  77.6 KB

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Happy Opening Day!

    Name:  D0A7862A-3913-4DAB-9BE3-BF876874E8E8.jpeg
Views: 102
Size:  77.6 KB
    I heard y'all already booed him. Gotta love Philly sports. In that way he's in good company with Stanton who was probably booed in his first game in New York last season.

    In a Business Insider article (of all places) there was a quote regarding Harper: It’s early in the season, but it’s not a good start, considering Harper’s 13-year deal doesn’t have any opt-outs.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"



    "Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

  6. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,444

    Default

    It's 00:40 (Saturday) here, and I've drunk most of the bottle of a very nice Malbec (always drink responsibly). My advice to you, is stop what you're doing, put on Placebo's 1996 self-titled album, get to the end of the last song, and wait ten minutes. Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

  7. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    It's 00:40 (Saturday) here, and I've drunk most of the bottle of a very nice Malbec (always drink responsibly). My advice to you, is stop what you're doing, put on Placebo's 1996 self-titled album, get to the end of the last song, and wait ten minutes. Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill
    My mate is PIIIIISSSSED!!!!
    Way Too Much Crap

  8. PDF FF Champion 2014

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    La Tierra
    Posts
    15,592

    Default

    'Sup guys. Recently did the most hipster thing and bought an Airstream trailer. I can't wait for the trips to come since we live in a great area to hit National Parks and other cool outdoors sites. And then my boss called and said there's a very strong chance I'll be in LA for a couple months this summer. I'm excited about exploring LA but yeesh, I just got this cool toy and want to use it as much as possible.

  9. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    'Sup guys. Recently did the most hipster thing and bought an Airstream trailer. I can't wait for the trips to come since we live in a great area to hit National Parks and other cool outdoors sites. And then my boss called and said there's a very strong chance I'll be in LA for a couple months this summer. I'm excited about exploring LA but yeesh, I just got this cool toy and want to use it as much as possible.
    That’s a bummer. LA is somewhere you go when it’s cold everywhere else.

  10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,495

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    I heard y'all already booed him. Gotta love Philly sports. In that way he's in good company with Stanton who was probably booed in his first game in New York last season.

    In a Business Insider article (of all places) there was a quote regarding Harper: It’s early in the season, but it’s not a good start, considering Harper’s 13-year deal doesn’t have any opt-outs.
    62% of MLB players surveyed said Harper was the most overrated player in baseball.

    Regardless of the money, which by year is less than expected, I can understand why he wanted to have a place to call home for the rest of his career. He needs the option of being a DH later in his career though. From the looks of it, the NL is pushing towards having one. We will see.

    I would have still been happy with all of the great moves the Phillies made this offseason whether they got him or not. The problem is the pitching is in no position to bringing this team to the World Series and players have too small of a window with the team so it can catch up.

    I did not want him. His attitude has turned me off since this homerun I saw him hit where he showed up a pitcher in the minors. He has been the “best” his entire life and until now, he’s not been told otherwise by the people closest to him. We will see if Philadelphia can humble him some. The way that contract went down, I do know Phillies expect a lot from him all things considered.

    If you have not noticed, the way the process went with Harper and Machado this offseason, many players obviously didn’t like it as they jumped on extensions which in years past they wouldn’t have done it. They always wanted to test the free agent market.
    Last edited by dale w miller; 03-30-2019 at 05:23 AM.

  11. anti-shark cage?

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Orca
    Posts
    14,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Happy Opening Day!

    Name:  D0A7862A-3913-4DAB-9BE3-BF876874E8E8.jpeg
Views: 102
Size:  77.6 KB
    I'm gonna go down to atlanta and see if I can get myself into the Braves' bullpen rotation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    'Sup guys. Recently did the most hipster thing and bought an Airstream trailer. I can't wait for the trips to come since we live in a great area to hit National Parks and other cool outdoors sites. And then my boss called and said there's a very strong chance I'll be in LA for a couple months this summer. I'm excited about exploring LA but yeesh, I just got this cool toy and want to use it as much as possible.
    Airstreams are so dope! Have fun in LA, but you-know, keep the door locked.
    Swing through Nashville?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

  12. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Bloom County
    Posts
    9,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    'Sup guys. Recently did the most hipster thing
    Not sure a beard is your thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    and bought an Airstream trailer.
    Oooooh.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

    | TAMA STARCLASSIC MAPLE | SABIAN & MEINL CYMBALS |

    Former Pearl Customer

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •