Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    2 iron cobra power glides
    DW 5000
    Tama speedking

I want to get a double pedal, and am between the eliminator and iron cobra. I’m leaning towards the eliminator since I have 2 iron cobras, which I love, but might be looking for something different. Thoughts?
    i think you might mean " speed cobra " on that last one .lol
    for me a, i wanted to try the direct drive style of pedal, for some thing different if you wanna do chain drive , then yea , go eliminator , or the speed cobra just because are really fast responding pedals especially if , on the eliminator, has the speedy cam s on ,,, on the direct drive side i'd definitely recomend the trick dominator .. the cool part is , when you buy it, they come as two separate pedals that you put together into a double with the included kit ...however whats not cool ...even though its the pro-1v 's little brother , the dominator is like 600 and change so that could be an issue.. so ,for the price conscious but quality minded drummer, i'd recommend the yamaha direct drive double s they're closer to around 400, which is about average for most brands of double pedals. the yamahas were seriously my very close second choice if i was gonna make that purchase again ...they are fun to play on , and fairly simple to adjust with just about as many adjustments as the cobras just incase your hooked to the chain , they also make a chain drive version as well

2. NO KIT TOO BIG

Eliminator Strap drive, best pedals (both single and double versions) i've used.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

3. Music Lover

I use a Mapex Falcon single pedal. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman ><>

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Mapex Saturn (snare, bass drum, and toms); Mapex MPX (snare); Sabian AA, AAX, HHX, and SR2 ; Evans ; LA Backbeat

Church Drummers Army

4. HERTA so good!

Pedals I've owned:

-Gammon Percussion Double Pedal
    -PDP 1st Gen Double Bass Pedal
    -PDP Longboard Double Pedal
    -DW 3000 Double Pedal and Hi Hat Stand
    -DW 5000 Double Pedal and Hi Hat Stand
    -DW 7000 Double Pedal and Hi Hat Stand
    -DW 9000 Single(x2) and Double Pedals and Hi Hat Stand

Current Pedals:

-DW MDD Double Pedal and Hi Hat Stand
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    DW Drums | DW Hardware | Sabian | Pro-Mark | Evans Drumheads

5. Registered User

I have the Trick Dominator double pedal, and an getting the Tama Speedcobra 910 today. Sold my DW 9000 double. Very accurate pedal but heavy. Looking for a certain feel to a pedal. The Dominators are by far the smoothest pedal I have ever owned. Hoping the Speed Cobra matches the hype it gets!
    Repetition is Recognition

6. Registered User

Can anyone tell me if the Trick Pro 1-V is seriously better than the Trick Dominator?
    Repetition is Recognition

7. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by ondrums View Post
    I have the Trick Dominator double pedal, and an getting the Tama Speedcobra 910 today. Sold my DW 9000 double. Very accurate pedal but heavy. Looking for a certain feel to a pedal. The Dominators are by far the smoothest pedal I have ever owned. Hoping the Speed Cobra matches the hype it gets!
    you might love it with the OEM beater IF you're into metal and looking for speed ONLY. i hated mine till i changed the beater for the DW 2 way beater.before that i had some troubles at finding the footboard sweet spot for fast triplets and 16th's....then, the feel turned in 180 mode when i got the dw beaters.....i guess my foot needed the heavier feel of the DW hammer,because before that, i felt it lacked in '''back swing''' feel.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

8. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by ondrums View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the Trick Pro 1-V is seriously better than the Trick Dominator?
    i'd say they're probably aren't to different from each other . the only big difference is the three hole setting on the foot board ... the one hole = more power , the other hole is supposed be for more finesse
    since most people leave there pedals set in the middle hole position , the feel would probably not be that different

9. More beer.

Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway

I've had

Pearl eliminator
    Tama iron cobra
    Axis A longboards
    Axis X shortboards
    Dw 9002

Single:
    Some old Mapex pedals
    Tama Iron Cobra
    Axis A longboards/X shortboards (converted from double pedals)
    Owning my 2nd set of single Iron Cobras now, I actually miss the light and fast Axis A's! I don't play 300 bpm, but the cobras feel much heavier.
    I also have the DW pedal now and it's good! Nothing more to say.

10. th droids yerlookn4

which dw pedal?..oh ...nvmd ..lol

11. Registered User

A quick shot from yesterday during the first session with my new Tama Iron Cobra Power Glide single pedals. Does take some effort to get used to 2 bass drums after playing double pedal for 16+ years or so, but halfway through the session it felt really comparable to the Tama Iron Cobra Power Glide double pedal i have since 2006. And a plus for my OCD that the pedalboards look the same now
    The hi-hat stand is a Iron Cobra Velo stand (dual legged) i believe, got that one somewhere in 2012 if i remember correctly.

And i own a bunch of other pedals, but worth mentioning that i use the double pedal with rehearsals and gigs with my other band and with the electronic kit i have at home (together with a Pearl hi-hat stand, don't know which series, think 900).
    Pearl BCX in Lava Bubinga | Pics
    22x18 (2), 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5" Pearl Kapur snare drum

Pearl VBA in Dynamite Burst e-kit | Pics
    22x18, 10x7, 12x8, 14x12, 16x14, 14x5.5 matching snare

12. Registered User

Pearl P-932 Single Chain Orange Cam double bass pedal
    Name:  Screenshot_20190116-140623_Gallery.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  90.4 KB

I messed up and put on a patch that has this super hard plastic like circular disk in it so when i hit with plastic side it clicks.. when hit with felt side its somewhat normal but not totally. I dont even remember where i got it from.