Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. The Sensitone Guy

Default Drummer's Go-Fund-Me Scam

A couple of us on another forum uncovered a questionable use of Go-Fund-Me by a drummer. Here's the story:

1. Back in December, drummer has a medical problem. Posts a Go-Fund-Me request.
    2. Since June, drummer has earned over $13,000 and site is still accepting donations.
    3. On June 2nd, drummer posts a photo of a cymbal he'd just purchased (valued at around $300).

I have a lot of heartburn about this. A number of us pushed back and the mods deleted everything... most everything.

What's your take?

2. Registered User

I remember seeing this thread as recently as a week ago or so...you're right, seems to have vanished

3. Registered User

My take...

If you donate money, be prepared to be disappointed on how its spent.

Best to feel good about the donation and leave it at that. You have no control over how the individual, business, organization, charity spends it.

4. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    My take...

Best to feel good about the donation and leave it at that. You have no control over how the individual, business, organization, charity spends it.
    +1 Tyler!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

5. The Sensitone Guy

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    My take...

Agreed. That's one of the many reasons I don't give money to people over the Internet who I don't know. And the people I DO know never ask for my money.

6. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

There was some guy on here years ago where his drum lesson videos were all over YouTube. He asked people for money to make some sort of lesson video that I believe he could sell. People gave money and he dropped off the drumming earth.

7. The Sensitone Guy

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    There was some guy on here years ago where his drum lesson videos were all over YouTube. He asked people for money to make some sort of lesson video that I believe he could sell. People gave money and he dropped off the drumming earth.
    Years ago some guy on a gun forum moaned and cried about being "down on his luck." He was a popular member with lots of posts, years of solid membership and seemed like a genuinely nice guy. A bunch of guys got together, pitched in a bunch of money and bought him a rifle to replace the one he had to sell to finance "medical costs." It was hand-built and engraved by the forum members.

About a month later he got caught on another forum bragging about how he sold his recently gifted rifle to buy some stupid stuff.

Yep. They're everywhere.