Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    hey, if you can special order visions , l d like to know ...but as far as can remember you cant( ...or the stockpile is limited) i know you cant order session (sbx/smx) anymore ....if you can still order them , id get me visions birch 8x7
    Actually last I heard you can get SMX but not SBX
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MattKeaton View Post
    VB has always been a blend as far as I can tell. It's the cost effective version of the Vision line.

As for the confusion about #49; you would just have to view other catalogues to check. Though I doubt one single line of drums was made in two differently named similar chrome finishes.
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up on the VB series. I know that in my online searches there were many versions (VBL,VBX, VBA, etc.), so that makes sense. On the chrome, it does seems strange that they would have two different names for it, but I'm just going to assume they're the same since they're both listed as #49. I just wish I could know for sure before ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    hey, if you can special order visions , l d like to know ...but as far as can remember you cant( ...or the stockpile is limited) i know you cant order session (sbx/smx) anymore ....if you can still order them , id get me visions birch 8x7
    What color did you want? MusiciansFriend and GuitarCenter have Jet Black and Mirror Chrome 8x7 toms.

3. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by BrickTamlin View Post
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up on the VB series. I know that in my online searches there were many versions (VBL,VBX, VBA, etc.), so that makes sense. On the chrome, it does seems strange that they would have two different names for it, but I'm just going to assume they're the same since they're both listed as #49. I just wish I could know for sure before ordering.

What color did you want? MusiciansFriend and GuitarCenter have Jet Black and Mirror Chrome 8x7 toms.
    black !!! i'lll checkem out ...

4. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by MattKeaton View Post
    Actually last I heard you can get SMX but not SBX
    unfortunately ,im looking for the sbx's ...its for the best i suppose...if they were readily available, i couldn't afford them right now ..we've some medical issues right now so ,im helping out with my brothers bills.etc....so, spare dollars are hard to come by at the moment ..but thanks for the info ..

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrickTamlin View Post
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up on the VB series. I know that in my online searches there were many versions (VBL,VBX, VBA, etc.), so that makes sense. On the chrome, it does seems strange that they would have two different names for it, but I'm just going to assume they're the same since they're both listed as #49. I just wish I could know for sure before ordering. What color did you want? MusiciansFriend and GuitarCenter have Jet Black and Mirror Chrome 8x7 toms.
    My bet is that the reference to "mirror" chrome is simply erroneous.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

6. Registered User

Thanks for all the responses. They've been helpful. Does anyone own a kit with the birch/basswood shells? I'm still wondering how they sound.

7. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Vision VB shells are blended Birch/Basswood Shells .. and #49 Polished Chrome was wrap offered .. with good heads and good tuning they'll sound good .. I'm pretty sure it's 2 ply Birch interior and 4 ply basswood outer

Specs:
    6-ply 7.5mm Shells
    Matching Snare Drum
    Wood Bass Drum Hoops with Matching Finish
    Recessed BD Claws with Rubber Lining
    Perimeter EQ Bass Drum Heads with 3.5" Wide Rings
    Two-Ply Tom Batter Heads
    Reference-Look Bridge Lugs
    Reference-Look Floor Tom Leg Bracket & Legs
    Bridge-Type Bass Bracket
    88 Series Uni-Lock Tom Holders
    80's Pearl 'G' Maple in Emerald Forest Lacquer -10x8, 12x8, 14x10, 16x16, 18x16, 22x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl 'G' Maple in CherryRoseWine Lacquer -12x8, 13x9, 15x12, 16x14, 18x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl 'G' Maple in factory Walnut Lacquer - 14x10, 18x16, 22x14, 26x14
    New kit under construction .......