Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default Mimic Pro Player Setlist glitch/enhancement request

    I use the player setlist function with associated click tracks and use this for live performance for playing special effects, sounds, etc. that otherwise couldn’t be produced by a band member. By design, the setlist plays through every song without stopping. I need to manually pause the set list after each song so that the next one does not start too early (depending on what may be happening on stage).

    I’m not sure if anyone has reported this issue that I am having. If I need to skip a song or two, due to a last-minute change in the setlist (that never happens, right?), I press Pause, advance through the setlist, and select the desired song. However, it will not always play the correct song when pushing Play! The odds of the correct song playing (as displayed) is not 100% reliable. Since some songs have a similar tempo, it is impossible to tell if the correct song is going to play with just a 2-measure count-off of the click track. This can lead to obvious disaster.

    I hope this issue is on Pearl’s radar for a fix in a future update.

    Some added functionality to the player would be welcome as well - such as providing an option to play through the set list “manually” where the setlist pauses at the end of each song and the next song can be manually started by pushing Play, via midi trigger, or via drum trigger input assignment. I believe such an enhancement would further separate this flagship product from the competition as the premier drum module in the market.

  2. e-Pro Live Specialist

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archerdrummer View Post
    I use the player setlist function with associated click tracks and use this for live performance for playing special effects, sounds, etc. that otherwise couldn’t be produced by a band member. By design, the setlist plays through every song without stopping. I need to manually pause the set list after each song so that the next one does not start too early (depending on what may be happening on stage).

    I’m not sure if anyone has reported this issue that I am having. If I need to skip a song or two, due to a last-minute change in the setlist (that never happens, right?), I press Pause, advance through the setlist, and select the desired song. However, it will not always play the correct song when pushing Play! The odds of the correct song playing (as displayed) is not 100% reliable. Since some songs have a similar tempo, it is impossible to tell if the correct song is going to play with just a 2-measure count-off of the click track. This can lead to obvious disaster.

    I hope this issue is on Pearl’s radar for a fix in a future update.

    Some added functionality to the player would be welcome as well - such as providing an option to play through the set list “manually” where the setlist pauses at the end of each song and the next song can be manually started by pushing Play, via midi trigger, or via drum trigger input assignment. I believe such an enhancement would further separate this flagship product from the competition as the premier drum module in the market.
    Hi,

    There is a new update in the works with some changes to the recorder.

    I will send this request to the engineers for review.

    Thanks for your input.
    Bob Sabellico - Product Manager - Pearl Electronic Percussion Division

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sabellico View Post
    Hi,

    There is a new update in the works with some changes to the recorder.

    I will send this request to the engineers for review.

    Thanks for your input.
    Thank you for the quick reply Bob and I look forward to the update!

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I noticed that the recent Sep. 2019 update did not add a setting/option for the player's Setlist feature to stop playing after each song (the setlist plays continuously). Am I missing something? Is there a way to accomplish this? This feature, or an acceptable workaround would be useful and provide much more control in a live setting.

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I just picked up a Mimic Pro this week and am also having the same problem but I thought of a work-around. I put all of my tracks thru Cubase and added 20 to 30 minutes of silence behind each track. Just have to remember to stop it or start a different track before the track is over. I might try to add much longer silence as well. Hope this helps.

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalBlastGrind View Post
    I just picked up a Mimic Pro this week and am also having the same problem but I thought of a work-around. I put all of my tracks thru Cubase and added 20 to 30 minutes of silence behind each track. Just have to remember to stop it or start a different track before the track is over. I might try to add much longer silence as well. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've been using the same workaround with my DAW as well but, I was hoping for more functionality with this update since I submitted this request a year ago. I thought maybe I was missing a setting somewhere. Oh well.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •