Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

• Home
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default MM's Masterworks "ES Comet Sparkle" Free Floating snare drum PICS!

Hi,

Another addition to my Masterworks snare drum collection.

Free Floating 14 x 6.5" snare drum with "ES Comet Sparkle" maple shell and Fat Tone hoops.

Name:  MW1465S-FF.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  105.8 KB
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

2. A Passion Play ...

Sweet addition to your arsenal.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

3. ...A mind like Water...

I forgot to mention in your other thread, I do love that finish so much. It's in my top 5 at least!
    Owner of two gorgeous Pearl Masters kits. Metal drummer, music and drums for life!

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Sentiment View Post
    I forgot to mention in your other thread, I do love that finish so much. It's in my top 5 at least!
    Divine,

I like it because it combines the "classic" Piano Black base with the modern element of the "halo flakes." Some new colors and finishes are unique, but don't seem to be popular for very long. At least the "Comet Sparkle" still catches the eye after 10 years. Maybe that's why they decided to try a version of it on the STS series this year.

Pearl was kind enough to make me a lot of their percussion items (congas, djembe, bongos, cajons, travel congas) in this finish too, so I have quite the collection of Comet Sparkle stuff.

MM

5. Experienced Noob

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    Pearl was kind enough to make me a lot of their percussion items (congas, djembe, bongos, cajons, travel congas) in this finish too, so I have quite the collection of Comet Sparkle stuff.

MM
    I don't keep up with everything here on the PDF. Have you ever posted a picture of all that stuff together? I'd love to see it.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    I don't keep up with everything here on the PDF. Have you ever posted a picture of all that stuff together? I'd love to see it.
    Mike,

Actually, I haven't. My wife and I live in a condo so all of my gear is kept in a storage facility except for what I need for a particular gig. I probably have more money invested in cases than most people invest in their drums for a lifetime.

I've tried taking some photos at the churches and bars where I play, but the lighting is usually not good and I don't feel comfortable doing that on someone else's time.

I wish I had a spacious room in a house were I could set things up with some nice lighting (like other guys here do), but I don't have that capability. I can usually only get pictures at an occasional outdoor gig (but I haven't used the percussion for one of those yet).

MM

7. Registered User

Mike, Actually, I haven't. My wife and I live in a condo so all of my gear is kept in a storage facility except for what I need for a particular gig. I probably have more money invested in cases than most people invest in their drums for a lifetime. I've tried taking some photos at the churches and bars where I play, but the lighting is usually not good and I don't feel comfortable doing that on someone else's time. I wish I had a spacious room in a house were I could set things up with some nice lighting (like other guys here do), but I don't have that capability. I can usually only get pictures at an occasional outdoor gig (but I haven't used the percussion for one of those yet). MM
    Do you plan to move to a place more suitable? What has prevented it before...?
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MattKeaton View Post
    Do you plan to move to a place more suitable? What has prevented it before...?
    Hopefully. We would like to eventually settle into a larger place where I have more room.
    Last edited by MusicMan; 05-11-2018 at 02:54 PM.

9. Registered User

Hopefully. We would like to eventually settle into a larger place where I have more room.
    Why not already?

10. Registered User

Why not already?
    Even though are kids are gone, we both work a lot during the week so it isn't feasible to have a larger place to take care of. We are also waiting to see where we need to live to take care of our aging parents. We moved into the condo several years ago as a transitional option.

11. Registered User

Even though are kids are gone, we both work a lot during the week so it isn't feasible to have a larger place to take care of. We are also waiting to see where we need to live to take care of our aging parents. We moved into the condo several years ago as a transitional option.
    Wow very committed to family. That's awesome.
    Hoping things work out such that you can get a place you are happy with that accommodates your drums. I am in a similar position so I can sympathise. And hopefully you can sympathise with me

12. Registered User

Wow very committed to family. That's awesome.
    Hoping things work out such that you can get a place you are happy with that accommodates your drums. I am in a similar position so I can sympathise. And hopefully you can sympathise with me
    Thanks