Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    I like how you are encouraging in the beginning but seem to have to make it a point at any given chance to show your dis-taste for these lugs .. we get it man Cheap only because all the clone copy cats cloned Pearl lugs and used them on all their sh#tty beginner kits ..... Pearls lugs are made with good metal with top notch chrome plating ( at that time) and all those copy cat clones lugs use inferior metal and chrome plating , which are just cheap knockoffs On a side note they look better than DW lugs .. lol
    Hahahaha
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

2. Registered User

They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I happen to like the lugs, and I think they're just as beautiful as the shells!

3. ...A mind like Water...

I like how you are encouraging in the beginning but seem to have to make it a point at any given chance to show your dis-taste for these lugs .. we get it man

Cheap only because all the clone copy cats cloned Pearl lugs and used them on all their sh#tty beginner kits ..... Pearls lugs are made with good metal with top notch chrome plating ( at that time) and all those copy cat clones lugs use inferior metal and chrome plating , which are just cheap knockoffs

On a side note they look better than DW lugs .. lol
    BA I'm a veteran and entitled to start and end however I please!
    Owner of two gorgeous Pearl Masters kits. Metal drummer, music and drums for life!

4. Registered User

Nice looking kit!
    I have the matching snare.
    Steve

5. Registered User

Really? That's awesome! Got any pics of it? I was thinking about trying to find one eventually.

6. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by Austin-Fitz View Post
    Really? That's awesome! Got any pics of it? I was thinking about trying to find one eventually.
    here you go .. click link

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...e-Rewrap/page6

7. Registered User

Oh wow! That's a big beauty! Thanks for the link. I kinda want one just because it matches the kit. I totally love the sound of the Jupiter I'm using now, but I think I'm gonna start saving up for one! You can never have too many awesome snare drums! What's the sound like compared to the COB Jupiter?

8. Registered User

Oh wow! That's a big beauty! Thanks for the link. I kinda want one just because it matches the kit. I totally love the sound of the Jupiter I'm using now, but I think I'm gonna start saving up for one! You can never have too many awesome snare drums! What's the sound like compared to the COB Jupiter?
    I got a 5x14 version of this. If you're interested in it dm me.
    Name:  snare.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  69.1 KB
    [SIGPIC]

9. Rockin' the Cosmos..

What's the sound like compared to the COB Jupiter?
    well .. I own all sizes of these snares .. they offered 14x5, 14x6.5 and the beastly 14x8

compared to your COB ( I own both 14x5 and 14x6.5 sizes of Pearl COBS), the maple snares in these series are warm / woody in tone and just sound good .... as long as you use good heads and tuning they'll sound great

I re-cut edges on one of mine to sharp 45's and left other two snares with factory rounded 45's

Here's my Maple snares in all sizes ..14x5 was refinished to Honey Maple, 14x6.5 refinished to Vintage Amber Maple, 14x8 is factory natural Maple Lacquer and also both sizes of COBS
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BadAstronaut; 05-03-2018 at 09:07 AM.

10. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by 3pearlkits View Post
    ^Noice BA
    I try .. it's never effortless to fail

11. Registered User

Yeah I definitely want to find one now lol. I think a 14x6.5 with a parallel strainer would be perfect, but I'm sure that won't be cheap, so it'll probably be a while before I'm ready to buy.